Thirty-Seven

I sat at the table, eating quietly while this girl, Zaneri babbled on.

"...and that's basically it! My pop moved us here and so forth." I nodded silently, taking a bite of the strawberry in my hand. I felt eyes on me, so I looked up. She was staring at me, the girl.

"So, Elizabeth. How did you get here?" She asked. I shrugged my shoulders, looking up at the ceiling and pondering for a bit.

"Well, I grew up in Great Britain with my family. We sailed here not to long ago. While on the ship I met Meliodas and that's basically it." I explained. Zaneri nodded, twiddling with her thumbs. I could see the wheels turning in her head.

"Is it true, you being pregnant." She asked. Her mouth sure is full of questions. I nodded, placing a hand on my stomach. I had started eating more and gained my lost weight back. Maybe the bump will show soon too.

She let out a small 'hmm', like if thinking of yet, another question. "When did you guys meet?"

I sighed, reaching underneath the table and grabbing hold of Meliodas's hand. He ran his thumb in circles as I got prepared to answer.

"When I was 16 and he was 17. I just recently turned 17, along with Meliodas turning 18. We've been together for about four months now." I said wearily, awaiting another question.

"Oh okay, so you haven't been together very long now. Would it matter if I set up a small picnic between me and Meliodas?" Zaneri asked yet, another question (omg if I have to write this one more fucking time).

I looked up at her with shock, furrowing my eyebrows. She had this nonchalant look on her face, like she didn't care about the fact that we are together.

"Of course it would! You can't just waltz in here and expect me to allow you to take my husba—..boyfriend out on a date!" I raised my voice, angered a bit. I tightened my grip on Meliodas's hand, him doing the same.

"Zaneri, I already talked to you-"

"Ma'am, it's getting late. I'm pretty sure that your pops'll be mad if 'ya stay over 'ere late. Please leave." I heard Quinn say, picking up Zaneri's bag and coat. Zaneri stood up, grabbing them from Quinn and walking towards the door.

"Please reconsider this Elizabeth, I really want to get to know Meliodas and you. Plus, it'll take more than just you to satisfy him." (Oh you dirty bitch once I get my fucking hands on you.) I sat there flabbergasted as she walked out of the door, slipping on her coat. I stood up, my bottom lip quivering. I was already really emotional as it is, and the baby wasn't making it any better.

I pushed my chair in, Meliodas standing up and walking towards the front door. He angrily pulled on his boots, aggressively throwing on his coat.

"I'll be right fucking back." He said, walking outside and slamming the door behind him. I flinched at the loud bang it left behind, but it slowly faded. Mama Quinn went after him, leaving me alone with Miguel. Speaking of which, he peeked out of his bedroom doorway, a puzzled look on his face.

"Who and what was that?" He asked, looking at me. I sighed, walking down the hallway and passing him. I placed a hand on our bedroom doorway, slightly looking over my shoulder.

"Please remember this and remember it well, never make Meliodas angry. It never really ends well. Just like that little bitch." I stated wisely, muttering the last part. Miguel seemed more confused, but he nodded, returning to whatever he was doing. I walked into our room, slipping off my dress. I grabbed my nightgown from the other night, pulling it over my shoulders. I could hear faint yelling outside, but I ignored it. He can handle it, even though he does it all the time. I trust that he will take care of it.