Chapter 27

Running through the halls of headquarters almost tripping over my own feet, door after door flys past me as I continue to run to Levis quarters.

Skidding around a corner taking it full speed I almost slam into another cadet. Pushing them to the side not even caring to look who it was you yell over your shoulder to them. " my apologizes!" Running past a few others that had just exited the Mess hall.

Losing Levi behind you in the crowd you hear him yell out " hold on Y/N don't..." I  had already made it out of range and was no longer able to hear him.

Looking back to see Levi bodying the cadets slamming the ones who weren't quick enough to make it out of his way to the floor with hard thuds. Levi eyes lock onto yours before you had turned the final corner to his office .

"God damnit Y/N I said wait!" Levi yelled down the hallway in your direction.

Slamming Levis door open and crossing his office in what felt like one stride I opened his bedroom door to find Kaneki sleeping on the couch that faced the fireplace. He looked a little bit older. His face has slimmed down a little. His hair was identical to Levis clean undercut. Obviously his father had kept him in good hygiene.

Unable to see him fully because I was standing behind the couch I take a few more steps. Revealing Samantha sleeping behind Kaneki with her arm wrapped around his waist holding him tight.

Before I was able to even process what I was seeing two hands hands come clasping around my mouth and my waist dragging me backwards into the office.

"God damit I told you to wait Y/N!"levi seethed through his clenched jaw into your ear.

Removing just his hand from my mouth I mutter out the only thing I can't think.

"Samantha....." your voice cracks and it comes out as a fair whisper.

"Y/N no it's not,let me expl...." Levi begins.

Holding up your hand to immediately silence him.
"Don't, it's not needed."

Levis hold on your hip tightens and he pulls you closer into his embrace, your back slams into his chest.

"Y/N.." you thought you heard a little ring of pain shoot through his voice.

Grabbing ahold of his fingers that were digging harshly into your hips you begin to pry them off one by one.

Levis immediately nuzzles his head into your neck and begins to silently sob.

"No Y/N no please stop!Stop!Stop!Stop!" He pleads

"Stop Y/N I don't want to let you go. I know if I do it may be the last time I get to hold or touch you, please just stop I can't bare that. I refuse I won't let go Y/N."You feel his tears rolling down your collar bone as he shoves his face further into your neck, pulling you into him even tighter then you though he could.

Ripping the last finger off you spin around and face Levi puffy soaked eyes.  He instantly begins to reach back out for you.

Grabbing ahold of his hand and pulling it out towards you, you place something in it and close his fingers around it allowing your hand to fall from him. 
Taking a step forward so you were now side by side looking in different directions, Levi opens his palm to reviling your small silver wedding band.

"That doesn't seem to be my concern anymore..... Captain." Not allowing him the satisfaction of hearing his name fall from your lips again, as you mutter into his ear. You then head for the door. Hearing Levi sniffle "Y/N please just stop."Was all you were able to hear before you closed the door.