Chapter 136/ Levi POV/ Y/N POV

Authors note: How are my lovelies feeling after those blue balls I caused with the last chapter? 🤔😏

.................................................................................    

     *time skip back to the night of Anzia's birth*

Y/N POV

I got up from the small bed above the tea shop as I heard the bell ring, indicating that Levi was here.

Things were already bad enough between us, I didn't want to give him a reason to fire me. Not until I could find some other source of income. I needed to become more independent. But today of all days... I was feeling like absolute garbage.

I quickly shuffled out of the room. Holding the railing and my stomach as I waddled down the stairs.

I was due soon, within the next 3 or 4 weeks. It was hard to tell with all the complications. I had mainly stayed off of my feet. Kaneki and Levi were persistent on that. But I could tell Levi must have been growing annoyed with all the extra work he was having to pick up in my place. He'd hire someone new if I could get my shit together.

I didn't want him to think I was slacking on the job but I needed that rest. I had been running off of fumes all morning. Dizzy and cramping.

I felt like absolute shit.

I hung my head as I crossed the small area between the service counter and the tables for sitting at. Reaching out to the right to grab a black apron. I turn my back to Levi as I attempt to tie the strings but I was coming up a little short, I needed more string.

My eyes began to water as my lips trembled. I was disgusting. A huge pregnant mess of a woman. Even my own husband didn't want me. I was that un desirable. And now.. I was to big for my apron.

I quickly reached forward to a spare one, grabbing the string as I wrapped it around my hand yanking it hard. I heard the fabric tear as the string tore a much to big of a hole instead of just tearing clear off.

My free hand came up to my face smacking it in frustration. I was trying to be discrete, I didn't want him to know I had gained to much weight that now I couldn't even wear my own items.

I felt his hand against mine before I could see it.

His chest was on mg back, grabbing the string from my hand as he brought a pocket knife up in the other, boxing me in as he cut it clean for me.

"Thank yo-"

I reached out for the string. But his hands found the sides of my swollen belly, locating the two original strings.

He attached it to the others, giving me more slack so the apron wasn't so tight.

I looked back over my shoulder and his eyes met mine.

They looked confused. He got like this sometimes, he told me before we stopped talking it was because of his memories. He'd get a memory back and it would cause him to blank out for a second.

He quickly fixed himself, shaking his head to rid the thought as his eyes met mine once more.

He gave me a quick nod before releasing the hold he hand on the strings, and stepping back.

Ahhhhhh the distance, it never seemed to fail. Just when I thought things might be turning around. I was a fool to think they would, he made it very clear as to why he was staying around. His actions proved it even if I didn't want to believe his words.

He was across the tea shop before I could turn around, rearranging teas and dusting shelves.

                            *Later that day*