Chapter 104/ Levi POV

"Forget about him? How can you say that? That's my father!! Mom you love hi-"

"Enough Kaneki!" I snapped. I know I shouldn't have but I wasn't prepared to face him. He was getting older, smarter. He had to have suspected something, I didn't want to become the monster I knew I would be..by telling him I let his father go, knowing there could be a tragic outcome.

"Take Maya with you and fetch some water from the river. I need time to get these bodies out of here and dig graves for her parents. Get her cleaned up while your down there." I forced myself to step forward, entering the muggy cabin. It smelt of blood and stale air.

I can hear Maya whimpering in the corner as I turn my head to meet her eyes. She was balled up, arms wrapped around her legs.

Kaneki shoving me from behind causes me to take a step forward as he rushes to her side, dropping to his knees in front of her. He takes his jacket off, wrapping it around Maya. That was Levis jacket, it was from his days as a cadet. Kaneki was growing into his teen figure now, he was filling it out nicely.

"I'm sorry Maya." Kaneki whispered loud enough for me to hear as he hugged her tightly. Mayas eyes were still pinned forward, blown wide open...full of emptiness. I knew that look, I had been there so many times before. She's need time to heal.

"Take a seat at the table, I'll look over your cuts-"

I was in the process of talking to Kaneki but he cut me off.

"I'm fine." He was upset, I didn't blame him. I was a shit parent, even I knew that much.

"Kaneki at least let me clean them for y-"

"I SAID IM FINE Y/N!" Kaneki screamed at me over his shoulder, still keeping a tight hold on Maya.

Y/N? That was the first time he ever called me by my name... And it was out of pure anger.

I closed my eyes as I took a deep breath in. Trying my best to reset my mind, but failed every time.

I pushed myself forward, down the hallway and into the last room on the left.

I could hear Rize screaming from down the hall, it was clear she had been unattended to. Who knew how long she had gone without eating or being changed.

It broke me, stepping into the room. Seeing Rize big eyes lock onto mine as she sobbed in the make soft crib they had made.

I felt like in that moment she knew... she'd never see her father again. Shed never get to have a protective father to scare away all the boys, a father to give her away when she gets married. Levi wouldn't be there... to see our children have families of their own. He wouldn't see any of it.

I felt as if I robbed her of the only good in her life. Giving her myself as a replacement but knowing deep down, I could never even begin to compare to that man. He was beyond anything I could ever achieve.

I took a few steps forward reaching down into the crib to pull her up into my arms. Tucking her small head into my neck as I pat her back, calming her back down into a sleep.

This was it, they were it. They were all I had, the only way I'd ever be able to have a small price of Levi back was through them. He lived on through our children. And it was a beautiful sight to see.

..................................................................

Levi POV

"Kuchel, name her Kuchel Y/N... please for me." I couldn't hold it in anymore I was mentally fucking snapping. The very thought of bringing my own daughter into this world just to abandon her, had my skull splitting in two.