Chapter 60

"Not happening. Y/N you will go with Jean and I will take Veronica." Levi was now pacing Hanges office.

My mouth gapped open in astonishment at the fact that he actually had enough balls to suggest something so absurd. Unable to keep my composure, I'm on my feet in a nanosecond facing Levi.

"HAVE YOU COMPLETELY LOST IT?!" Raising my voice a little to high to be in the Commander's a office, even though it was Hanges. It was just plain respect not to do so.

"Tsk tsk let's all take a breath." Hange suggests to the room, hearing her draw in a deep breath I'm still unable to focus my attention elsewhere from Levi.

He begins to take a step forward to close the gap between us.

"Y/N we've been over this, I can't see you aro..."

"That was before you came clean about your ex fiancé. The situation has changed tremendously, wouldn't you agree?" Lowering my voice a little I bring my eyes to meet his.

He was staring at me. His usual stoic, emotionless look was knitted tight to his face. It was clear. He wasn't going to back down from this one. But I wasn't willing to either.

"She's your ex fiancé. He's a ex fling. Do the math Levi. You know my situation trumps yours."  Bringing both of my arms up to my chest I fold them over one another as I stare back into Levis eyes. He must be absolutely loosing it if he thinks I'd allow him within 10 feet of that woman.

"Tch, your unbelievable." Levi scoffs back reaching to door. Yanking it open he allows it slam into the wall before taking his leave into the suspiciously quite hallway.

"Levi stop! Just talk to m..." Dropping both arms I make for the door to chase after him. That is until Hanges hand wraps tightly around my arm bringing me to a sudden stop.

"Let him, he's always been like this. I'd expect Mrs. Ackerman to have already know that about her husband. He'll come around, just let him digest the information. The ball I dropped on you two was bound to upset either of you. I apologize for that. But we have more pressuring matters. The royal fundraiser is tomorrow. We need to find you a dress." Hanges eyes had softened as she smiled at me.

Pulling my arm free I direct my attention back to her.

"You said it's formal wear? I can't just wear my nice scouts uniform and call it good?" Already knowing how she was going to answer.

"No no Y/N it's royal. Dresses and all. Here come with me. I was just headed into town we can look at the local boutiques to see if we can't snag you one." Grabbing her keys off her desk she motions me to the door. Pulling it closed and then locking it.

"That won't be necessary Hange. I.... I have a few gowns I've collected from some of the clients I serviced in the underground. There will be no need." Bringing my hand up to the back of my head I scratch it nervously.

"Oh.... oh yes I almost forgot. Well are you certain? I don't mind Y/N it's ultimately my fault you have to get your affairs in order last second." She gives me a closed eye smile.

"Positive Hange. Trust me I'd probably feel a lot more comfortable in one of my dresses then some fancy ball room gown. Plus they all were fitted to me so I'm not that hard to look at while I'm in them." Bringing my hand up to pat her shoulder.

"Okay... I appreciate you and Levi making this work. Ever since Erwin... well Commander is a rough position to be in some times. Also.. I hope you trust me when I say I did all I could with Veronica and Michaelson. But with their personal requests and our numbers already so low we don't really have a option. Plus they both went above me." She lets out a snort with a few giggles after.