Chapter 44

2 weeks and a few days after the expedition

"I just don't know what the right move is." I could hear the voices of others as they spoke to one another over my resting body. I was still unable to bring myself to open my eyes or move.

"You guys can't be serious! We have to tell Levi!" A deeper voice of a mans argues back to the other who had spoke before.

"I agree with Jean but.... the no contact order." A woman's voice was close very close. I could feel her fingers interlocking in between mine. She squeezed very lightly.

"If we reach out to the Captain we run the risk of violating the courts. It could prolong our stay at this base or even worse." The first mans voice responds back to the man who must have been named Jean.

"So we just wait for Levi to find?! He will murder us all?!" The man named Jean yells back at the others. A little to loud for comfort but it was the extra push I needed to bring my eyes open.

Bringing both hands up to my eyes I rub them until I'm able to make out the blurs that stand in front of me. The entire room fell silent.

"Won't you all shut the hell up?" I mumble through my groggy state.

"Y/N!" A familiar voice meets my ear and I squint to see a figure moving quickly across the room to my bed side to only be stopped abruptly by the one of the other men.

"That's close enough. You shouldn't even be in here. Levi would have your head for this. Your lucky we are more forgiving." The tall brunette had his hand firmly wrapped around the mans arm that was headed my way, stopping him in his tracks.

"Jean remove your arm now. I don't care what any of you think or Levi for that matter. I need to make sure she's okay." The man ripped his arm from Jeans hold and made his way to my bedside.

The second his face came into view I felt a sense of peace.

I couldn't put my finger on it but I knew him. I really knew him. His hand reached out as his fingers glided against my cheek brushing loose strands of hair out of my face.

His hand grabbed ahold of my free hand and squeezed tightly. As my vision became more clear.

Reaching my hand out to touch the mans face to get a better sense of what he looked like as my vision continued to clear up. It felt like I had been staring directly at the sun for hours.

As everyone's silhouettes turned into more of their features I begin to calm down more.

The man in front of me hands quickly cup the back of my hand and holds it to his face.

"Y/N it's me. Can you see me? It's Michaelson." His hand pulled from mine as he placed it lightly onto my stomach. He began to rub his thumb back and forth over it lightly.

Someone had cleared their throat in the background.

"Levi's going to fucking kill you." The other man that had almost a balled head said to Michaelson.

"Let him then." The man in front of me spits back at the others.

I pull myself upwards to sit up and immediately regret it. A sharp pain shoot through my skull and immediately clouds my vision again.