Chapter 36

Breaking the news to Levi that you had been promoted as Captain didn't go quite the way you had wished or had planned for.

"What do you mean reckless now your just throwing low blows." I spat back at Levi.

"Come on Y/N don't try to feed me that bullshit your reckless actions were the very ones that got you caught. Your inability to obey a order will be your demise." Levi grabbed ahold of your arm spinning you around to look at him. You both were headed to the stables to meet up with the other to head into the city. The ride would take more then half the day.

"Did you just really say that? Are you fucking kidding? My actions got me caught?! My actions saved your precious booty call allowing the two of you to continue whatever that fuck that was." Ripping your arm out of Levi grasp.

Levis hand instantly wrapped right back around where it once was as he rips me into his chest. Wrapping his hand around my head as he rests his chin on my head.

"Not a chance Y/N. You know that's not at all what I meant. I should have worded it differently." Bringing his lips down to kiss my forehead as he continues.

"You act on impulse. You are known to put others lives before your own and you have proved that to be the case time and time again. That's probably why that tall bastard promoted you. He knows you won't hesitate." Levi scoffs out.

"I'm worried more then anything that if a situation like that presents itself you won't hesitate to do what needs to be done no matter the cost." Levi pulls back and brings a single finger to my chin to bring my face up to his.

"And I can't have that. I've lost you already to many times for a lifetime. I don't know what I'd do if it was permanent. What me or Kaneki would do. We held on by a thread last time a single thread. I'm almost certain that would not be the case a 3rd time around." Levi looks back and forth in between my eyes.

Pushing yourself up on your tip toes you plant a soft kiss on Levi cheek before pushing yourself from his embrace.

"Your right I won't hesitate. That's simply just not in my nature. It's not me. But unlike all these young cadets I have someone to come home to. Someone waiting for us. And that in itself is enough to keep me here. Don't ever doubt that. I'll do whatever I need to keep us together." Reaching out to grab ahold of Levis hand to pull him along with you.

"Now come on we are already late. And it's my first day as Captain what is my squad going to think?!" Yanking Levi further along with you to the stables.

............................................................

The ride was a long one. Hange rode in the wagon with Kaneki so me and Levi could lead our squads. Levi had brought along Mikasa and Eren along with Armin. They all kept a tight formation close behind Levis horse. He had them trained well and it showed.

Turing around I immediately locked eyes on Jean. He was right behind me staring at my ass.

"Jean." I say under my breath trying to allow him the chance to correct his actions before Levi caught sight of it.

Jeans eyes remained glued firmly to your hips as they rocked back and forth as your horse trotted forward.

"Jean..!" You said a little louder then a whisper still trying not to draw attention. It was no use. Levis horses hooves came into view just in time for me to see Levi bring up the back of his knuckle and knock it agonist Jeans head.