Meeting the Revolution

The next morning was a long morning. You scrambled around your house, collecting anything you thought had worth, and painstakingly looking at everything you had built, and lived in. You grabbed all your food- especially the ingredients for warm drinks- you grabbed all your important minerals, most of your tools, and most of all, your pocket watch.

Your lodestone compass. The one you had to sit with for hours on end. The thing that let you know that something other then nothing was happening when you locked yourself in the basement for no other reason then to try to block out the world. The compass that your brother gave you.

With a shake of your head, you were out the door, old wooden door swung and locked behind you, and rising morning sun at your back.

The trip to Pogtopia was long, and tedious, and took so much longer then it should have, simply because of the fact that you lived so far out of the way.

It didn't help you weren't the best with directions, getting lost a few times, before finding yourself, and properly checking your coordinates.

Walking and walking, righting yourself and maneuvering around L'manberg when you got close to it.

When you got to their coordinates, nothing was there, and the sun was just beginning to dip behind the horizon.

You were simply standing atop a dirt hill, a small sheer drop to your left, and a bigger hill to your right.

He hadn't given you the wrong coordinates... did he?

He shouldn't have- why would he do that? Didn't he want you on his team?

No. He wouldn't.

Glancing at the paper in your hand, you squinted to read it in the slowly dimming light, before looking back to your regular compass. They didn't have a lodestone, so it couldn't point you to where they were, but it had your coordinates at the top of the glass dial.

You had to do a double take. The y coordinate was off. You were... higher then you should be?

Was it... under you?

Your eyebrows furrowed, and with a quick snap of your head, you looked to the grass below you.

Was Pogtopia underground?

You gave the dirt one last look, before shrugging to yourself.

Only one way to find out.

So you started to dig, straight down, and only about four feet down, you fell into a small room.

Okay.

This is progress.

Looking back up at the hole you created, you filled it back in before taking a glance around the room.

A few chests, a crafting table, a few furnaces, and a bed.

Huh.

There was a staircase as well, leading further down into whatever this little room was.

The dog sitting down near the edge of the staircase was watching you.

No friendly tail wiggles, or happy barks.

You had that effect on most animals, so you didn't bother trying to pet the dog, even if he looked adorable just sitting there.

Shifting the backpack on your back, you grabbed the straps and started for the steps, warily looking around the farther down you went.

Eventually the steps led to a level spot, which took you out to the top of a ravine.

You peered over the side, again seeing a few chests, as well as a few furnaces.