The Sun Can Lie

Despite finally feeling at peace, you still weren't exactly sleeping regularly.

At least for now.

Sleep was tempting, and you were more then eased enough to hope for a dreamless sleep, but something in you told you to stay awake.

So you did.

You spent your entire day on the hill where Tommy apologized to you, and you didn't give a shit if anyone didn't like it.

When Tommy came back to Pogtopia, catching sight of you still sprawled out among the tall grass and numerous dandelions he just shook his head at you and muttered about 'getting up to go to bed.'

Which you ignored in favor of keeping your eyes closed, grinning, and saying, "I'm good."

He must have seen how content you were, because he had no quips to poke you with, only good-naturedly shaking his head. When you peered a single eye open to look, you caught the end of his eye roll.

"Sometimes I question your judgment-" Tommy laughs, and you just scoff and close your single eye, half chuckling at his pushing.

"You know- me and Tubbo hang out a bunch- you should come with us some time. It'll be fun and you'll get to be around me. Tommy. The best person to have around."

It was a good-natured suggestion, until he tacked on, "Only bitches deny my presence- have I ever told you how much people love me?"

Moment ruined.

"No Tommy- I've never heard how much people love you." Your tone of voice was sarcasm at its finest- a still twist to your words that were easily recognized.

He ignored the tone, merely continuing, "Well everyone does- Techno wishes he could be me, and so does Wilbur, every woman I've ever met has loved me-"

Like the cheeky gremlin he is, he winked and said, "Don't tell anyone I told you."

"Uh-huh." Was all you replied with.

"That was an awful reaction-" He pointed a finger at you and while half laughing mimicked you, "'uh-huh. look at me I'm (Y/N) and I use sarcasm-'" Tommy's mockery of you finally made you stir, and you sat up to jab a finger at him.

"Alright buster- another word out of you and I'm putting so many bread crumbs on your bed that ants will be crawling in the linen weeks after you've cleared it all-"

He didn't respond, grinning at you from his spot standing above you.

For a moment- for just the smallest moment panic seeped into you.

What if this was a nightmare?

What if you were drowning in your own minds darkness?

The moment of dread was quick- like a pebble falling into a lake- the break of surface tension the only real sense of dread-

Tommy laughed- he laughed his jovial, and proud laugh- and you knew things were fine, "Made ya move." He paused, only to look again at your facial expression, before cracking up again. So proud of himself over the stupidest things.

So you laughed too, before waving him off, "Yeah yeah- get out of here you dork. I'm tryna relax." Without farther ado, you flop back onto the ground and wait for nothing.

His footsteps walk away, and Tommy's gone off to bed.

It took you awhile longer to do the same, rolling thoughts back and forth in your mind as you pondered odd ideas.

You only finally moved spots when the lurking presence of monsters became known- the growling of a distant zombie making you shrug and stand, displeasure coursing through you as you weaved down the many steps of Pogtopia.