Same Page of Life

"Sooo- is that child abuse?"

Both you and Phil are standing next to each other, eyes fixated on what was happening outside the window.

"Uh... well..." Phil trails off, still looking through the window.

Outside in the snow, Technoblade and Tommy reside.

The older of the pair is dragging Tommy off through the snow by his leg, one hand on one ankle, and the other swinging by his side as he walked off.

Tommy was angrily shouting, but through the window you couldn't hear anything except a sling of muffled and frantic noises.

.

Huh.

.

It all started this morning, Techno had mumbled to you about going to L'manberg for something.

Then he talked to Tommy, who was still holed up in the basement, and then next thing you know, Techno is dragging the boy out of the house by his legs kicking and screaming.

You and Phil are bystanders.

Witnesses.

Questioning if you should even help.

You come to a swift conclusion.

"They're due for some more bonding time." You mutter, almost more to yourself then to Phil, but the old man seems to agree.

He sagely nods, squinting at the duo as the yelling gets quieter with distance.

Letting out a laugh, you stare at the two fading figures in the horizon.

They'll have fun.

Though, Tommy was gonna throw such a fit when he got home. Probably complain to you about Techno and threaten to choke him out. Or something.

If he doesn't just slink into the basement again. That boy still hasn't grilled you about anything since he got your book, and you're suspicious at the lack of questions.

Maybe he's just a slow reader.

You lean farther into the window when you see more movement, catching sight of a certain ghost and snapping your finger in front of Phil's face to get his attention, "Phil- look."

With a hum, Phil leans into the window as well, angling his head to see what you were looking at.

"MY BUILD SITE!" Is his quick squawk of surprise.

You're laughing before you can stop, looking at Phil's distraught expression and finding no way to hold back the noise.

Phil's hand are in the air, gesturing angrily outwards at the glass, accidently knocking his hands right into the see-through pane, "Jesus! I..." He's quick to pause the rant before it began.

Phil slides a hand down his face, "Ah- whatever- I technically didn't dibs it."

Phil immediately resigns.

"You could always help him build? Combine ideas?" You watch as Ghostbur hauls wood over to where the beginnings of a wall is.

"Eh- he'll get bored of building, and I'll jump in after he's forgotten about it."

"Evil." You say.

"Practical." Phil mutters.

"I'm gonna go keep him company." You state.

"Do what you'd like," Phil is waving you off, squinting at Ghostbur from his spying spot, "I'll watch bitterly through the window."

You huff in amusement and scurry over to the doorway. Picking a few cloaks up you sling them over your shoulder.