Awkward Duckling

When you went down in the mines, you were expecting to be alone with your thoughts.

And you were, for a good five minutes, before someone else shuffled down the winding stone steps.

The pink hair was tell tale to who it was, as was the mask, and to your chagrin, Techno started following you around in the mines, unprompted, and ducking his head to fit in the smaller sized holes you had dug.

You didn't say anything to him when he first arrived.

He didn't say anything either.

So you both just silently walked in each other's presence. Techno watching, and occasionally digging the ceiling out a bit more to accommodate for his height.

You focused solely on mining, digging and digging, and stuffing every material you found into your bag.

It was very distracting to feel his looming presence behind you, but you sucked it up.

You didn't feel like talking.

Flicking your head backwards you glanced at him. Mask covering his face and leaving him unreadable.

The eery torch lights that lit up the tunnel did nothing to make the area feel like anything other then dark and dreary.

Huffing, you turned back around and kept mining.

Mining and mining, until your pickaxe just kinda- snapped.

It was iron- so it was expected. But you grunted in disappointment when you looked down at the snapped peice of pickaxe.

You had to head back to grab another, because dumb you decided to only bring one pick.

Looking at the way back was impossible though. Technoblade's figure filled the hallway, and was very conveniently in the way. You glanced at him and did the reasonable thing.

You went head first into the side of his cape to try and worm your way past.

"Heh..?" Techno let out a noise of surprise, jumping at the contact- before pulling himself to the side as much as he could to let you pass.

You took a step past him struggling to get his cape off you.

That ended in you walking, cape on top of your head, and your continued walking until it dropped off of you, not at all stopping for a second to see what Techno was doing.

Your mission was mining. Your objective was to stop your negative thoughts.

You couldn't wait around for Techno to be a roadblock.

The footsteps behind you told you he was back to following, and you could only struggle to not roll your eyes.

Whatever.

He could waste time down here if he wanted to.

Back at the beginning of the mine, you dug around in a chest, grabbing several pickaxes, and chugging right back into the stone hallway.

Techno had room this time, and gracefully moved his figure of the way to let you steam roll through.

More mining happened, farther and farther, until one of your pickaxes snapped, just like the last one.

And then another one snapped.

And a third.

Your bag was getting so full you threw out all the stone you got, and settled for only the important stuff.

And finally- after a good twenty to thirty minutes, your last pick snapped, and you dropped it on the floor to turn back around.

This time Techno realized what you were gonna do, and when you went to headbutt through the side of his cape, he held a hand there and caught your forehead with his hand.