One More Time

If there was one word you could use to describe your life right now, it'd be confusing.

So, so confusing.

But it was getting better.

Your motivations were slowly getting narrowed down, your emotions were getting sorted, and most of all, you were actually walking.

Kinda.

Still a bit of a limp, but ladders were no problem, so you freely roamed the house. Not that there was much else in the house- aside from cluttered chests and a central hub of all the important crafting tools (ie. Furnace, anvil, brewing stands.)

The brewing stands were interesting for the first six potions you tried making, and after that...

It got tedious loading them with ingredients.

The itch for freedom rang strong in your head, and boredom tried drowning it out, but it couldn't stop you from pacing outside the front door, and staring out the cold frosted windows.

Something that still hadn't gotten less confusing was your relationship with Techno.

After the whole fiasco that was Techno being an emotionally stunted prick, and you being a worried dumbass who hobbled out into a snow storm- things were strange.

So so strange.

He was trying his best to respect the fact that you wanted space- but you both are under the same roof- and its a tiny house, so it's not like you can stay in your own corner.

Besides that, he still has to help you switch your bandages, not like that can just be dropped.

Now that you can walk, you solve your own food problem by rummaging around, so no more random soup times.

He'd sit down and read a book near the attic window every once and awhile, and it was completely your choice as to if you wanted to hang out in the same room, so that was something, but overall you spent more time by yourself then you did in company.

You guess there was progress? You could actually talk with him, there was actual conversation happening, and good laughs passed around- but sometimes he would look at your neck and flinch- and other times you'd see him grin just a bit too wide and see withers flashing behind him.

Stupid withers.

It was an uphill battle.

Yet here you were.

Lounging casually near a window, staring deeply into the dark swirling mist of yet another snowstorm.

If there was a snow equivalent to a rainy week, that's exactly what was happening these past few days.

Yet each and every day, despite the raging snow, Techno would go off into the chill- pink braided mess of a hairdo and crown held high.

There you were, sitting at the window, still staring into the snow. You weren't sure for how long, but the thick snowflakes and clouded sky got darker and darker the longer you sat there.

A chill prickled at your skin, goosebumps covering the arm pressed against the window. A cold sort of feeling was settling in your system, one caused by the dread of never being free, and the other caused from the sight of the storm. The dark billowing clouds felt like they were pulling you to them, sucking you up into their fury, blowing the fireplace out- tearing away the house you sat in till the only thing left was you... and the neverending ever-present hunger.

A hunger for freedom.

Now more then ever, you felt like you understood why Phil is always moving.