The Sixteenth

The sixteenth was upon you faster then you would've ever liked.

Your peaceful night of sleep was interrupted, and here you were, being tugged along by Tommy, to meet up with the entire group. 

Because that's what tonight was. 

The sixteenth.

You were rubbing sleep out of your eyes, walking through the woods towards a tower as Tommy discussed things with all of them over the coms. Wilbur was trailing behind both of you, walking calmly but voicing the fact that he knew you didn't like violence. He thought you shouldn't come, because it was going to be the discussion of a battle, and you didn't want to fight.

You didn't comment, merely choosing to ignore Wilbur in favor of getting tugged along by Tommy.

Just because you didn't like fighting didn't mean you didn't want to be informed. Knowing what was going to happen is good.

The call was chaotic, everyone talking about things, updates on when they'd reach the tower, and what they were doing at the moment. Too many different voices with too many of their own thoughts.

You weren't in the call.

And you were too tired to really care at that moment.

The sun wasn't out- and the moon wasn't sunbathing material, so you crossed your arms for warmth and followed Tommy all the way to the tower- where a surprising amount of people had gathered.

The familiar figures of Techno and Tubbo caught your eye immediately as you and Tommy sidled up to them.

Tubbo was sounding off hellos at everyone who came, sounding cheerful despite probably being as tired as you.

Techno caught sight of you first. Always on the alert, head flicking to your ragtag group of three the minute you stepped out of the tree line.

"Aye, its Tommy." Techno says, before flicking his eyes to you and giving out a snuff, "I'm surprised you're here."

"Hello Techno." Tommy softly said, to which Techno nodded, before catching Wilbur at the back of the group.

Techno grumbled a happy, "Wiiilbuurr-" 

The brown haired male trots up to the group, very relaxed looking. He doesn't return Techno's greeting, merely going straight up to Techno and saying, "Real quick, real quick- Techno, what's your opinion on me blowing everything up?" He looks Techno dead in the eyes, "Just for posterity."

Everyone calms, watching the interaction.

"That sounds pretty pog." He deadpans- and before Wilbur can smile and agree, Fundy screams out a no- and everyone else starts loudly yelling as well.

You took that as your Que to check out of the conversation.

People arguing with each other made you sink into yourself for absolutely no reason. Just-

It made no sense arguing when you could be smiling with them instead.

Not that they argued for too long, but there was certainly a back and forth going before Wilbur asked Techno for arrows.

Which made everyone start to try and take stock of their weapons, just in time for Niki to come walking up.

You silently took in their interactions, shuffling idly as Niki settled in beside you to watch as well.

Still waiting for people, as it seems, and you give a glance to Wilbur. Armorless. Fearless. A spiteful ball of negativity. He looked very excited for the coming battle. Hopeful for the failure of it.