Arrival

This was terrible.

Traveling was terrible.

Why did you ever have the small thought in your head that traveling would be easy and simple.

It wasn't.

And you had to remind yourself that oh yeah.

You never really traveled by foot.

Or boat.

Or minecart or horse.

That was where you got the small notion that travel was easy, but no.

It really, really wasn't.

You and Phil, for the entire first day, rowed.

A damn boat.

So, when dusk set, and you finally touched land, you were crusted in salt from the sea water splashing you and all but ready to keel over.

But no.

You couldn't just keel over.

You had to put up camp first.

Start a fire, make sure the surrounding area was safe. Everything meant to be done when one goes camping.

Phil did most of the work, awkwardly waddling heavy stuff around with his one healed, not the same as it was wing.

He looked as though he was still adjusting to not having both wings all there.

Only one massive fully feathered wing, that pulled him to the right with every step, while the other side of him was missing a lot of feathers.

Made you wince.

He wouldn't fly again.

Regardless, you set up camp, Philza forced some food into your hands, which you barely remembered eating, and then you conked out.

And then the next day began.

Traveling by foot was easier then boat, but slower.

It pulled more on the stitches, but at this point it was just sensitive skin. If you pulled, really, really hard, maybe you could open the wound, but walking wouldn't punch the ticket in.

So you walked and walked- and walking was slow, and then the next night set in so you set up camp again.

On the third morning, you were ready.

You could all but taste civilization, and were eager in your footsteps.

Until there it was.

L'manberg.

Definitely new.

Water flooded the crater that was there from Wilbur, the entire town turned into something of a... lake town?

River town?

Lake sounded more accurate.

But regardless, no one had been out and about at the time, it was so early in the morning that you assumed everyone was sleeping.

You don't blame them.

You wanted to collapse after all the walking.

But idly, all you could do was follow after Phil.

You glanced at a house that looked like it was being repaired as you trotted after Philza's cloak.

Didn't Phil say Ranboo's house got collapsed by Techno?

You wonder who Ranboo is.

Up the dock you follow, to Phil's doorstep, waddling in and closing the door behind you.