The True End

"WE WON." Tommy yells, "WE WON!!"

Like the spark of fire on gasoline everyone picked up with yelling- happy- and energized- not even the wounded were quiet-

Everything about this moment was celebration-

Cheers lifted into the air- people crowding each other with high fives and hugs- yells and whoops of pure joy-

Because they did it-

They fucking did it-

You could see the sparkles of joy popping in each person's individual stares- feel the buzz of happy energy in the air-

When Tommy charged up to you and gave you a massive hug you couldn't help but laugh with him, squeezing him into the hug and briefly picking him up to shake the laughing teen.

He was chattering about so many things- a barrage of happy tunes sung from his mouth before he whips around to Tubbo- who hadn't been far behind and bear hugs him as well.

Your heart went soft with how happy they were-

How happy everyone was.

Techno, no longer a boar, was cheering just as much with everyone- albeit calmer- less enthusiastic-

It was more of a battle cry- a raw voice that rejoiced in victory alone and a battle well fought- followed by the one liner of, "YEeahhhH- We killed an old man with heart problems!! Poog!!!"

You burst out laughing-

You couldn't tell if anyone else laughed or cheered harder after hearing that- but you shot him a grin- and he snorted in your direction.

No matter how cheerful everything was, that couldn't shake you from being observant.

You watched-

Idly by- as Dream slunk away in all the thunderous applause- back to wherever he came from.

You watched Wilbur's eyes as people circled about him- always the center of attention. An inkyness was spreading through his face- thinly veiled beneath a smile-

Like one wrong string tugged, and the delicate look would fall off his face- collapsing in a fleshy and visceral pile of manic emotions he had been flashing leading up to this event.

Everything was not right with the world

But then- then the cheering calmed-

And Wilburs voice rose. He strut up to Tommy- still trying to hold together the facade of joy- placing a brief hand on the boy's shoulder before nudging him towards the outside of the van.

"Tommy- Tommy- come with me- out here-" he smashes a window in, hopping out of the van and looking behind him to make sure Tommy was following.

As a group- everyone else follows- still cheering and laughing- but you focus in on Wilbur's words, "Tommy, you have to take your place."

"What does that mean?" Tommy asks- and you could see which direction they were heading. Right up to the stage- to the podium- with a mic- and all the seats below meant for watching-

Where all new presidents go to be officially put into office.

You pause in following- letting the two talk, before Tommy splits off from the larger group, unsurely climbing the hill to the stage.

You break eyecontact- looking around for anyone else who could be more clued in- but everyone is still smiling. Only Techno seems as perplexed as you, staring dead set up at the stage, not breaking eyecontact. His fist is clenched around the hilt of his blade- and however hard you try, his thoughts seem unreadable.