Visitor

This was a strange morning.

Eyes open- head straight- you were sitting outside, and staring into the woods.

For no reason.

Or maybe there was a reason.

You noticed a figure standing there earlier, and here you were.

Sitting, staring, praying that whatever was out there was carrying good intent. You don't know why you were so patiently waiting for it, but you really feel you could wait the entire day.

It was silhouetted in the darkness, shifting to and from the edges of the woods, but never quite fully exiting.

The fuzzy edges of your vision kept spiking.

Like something was behind you, and your brain was warning you.

But that was fear.

You were being irrational.

Nothing could be behind you.

You had to coax the figure.

Had to somehow make it show itself.

So what better way then a wave?

You waved, watching the figure still. Right on the edge. Just out of sight. Big, and imposing, and nearly as tall as the trees- with gleaming teeth and arching horns and spikes.

Come on.

It could do it.

Why was it so scared?

You called out to it- another simple 'hello' and wave- and finally, it gave in.

The first shadowed limb slipped out of the woods, significantly getting smaller- turning into a boot.

Then the second limb came out, yet another boot. As the shadow passed the tree line, all the was left was a person.

Techno.

Good ol' familiar Techno taking slow, careful steps toward you, stopping as he reached you, towering over your sitting form.

You waved again.

And when he didn't do anything other then stare, you waved him farther down.

He stooped to your level in a crouch, face cautious as he stared at you. Unsure as to if he should trust you, but following what you asked of him regardless.

"It's okay." You say, "It's nice and open out here."

To which Techno huffs- red eyes finally closing, tension sagging off his form as your hands reached up to hold either side of his face.

A soft soul- scars brittle and tough.

You ran your thumbs over his eyebrows, touching and palming at facial features.

A crack sounded behind you.

Techno's eyes snapped open, desperately searching for something-

He felt...off...

Something about him was just- wrong.

From the eyes to nose to mouth, to the scar down his eye and across his nose- to the tusks- he wasn't Techno.

You were shocked to watch as his.... his face started pulling apart.

Skin sizzling- peeling, pulling, flesh gooping and loosing form.

Almost as though acid was dumped on him- he melted- nothing left of him-

You stared at where he used to be- your vision spiking with fuzz yet again.