Neutral News

Tommy hasn't talked to you for a few days.

Neither has Wilbur.

And you know exactly whose side of this you felt awful for.

Wilbur needed to be talked to. And if he didn't like your opinion, so be it.

Tommy, however- had wormed his way into your heart, and you wished there was something you could do to make him actually talk to you again.

He visibly tried hanging with you less- and your heart ached when you saw it in action happening.

Just the other day you caught him before he was about to head out-

Again- probably to hang out with Tubbo- and you knew the wound was fresh but you wanted to see if you could make amends without having to completely revoke Techno.

"Hey Tommy."

You called for him- watching as his name from your mouth made him pause- and then keep walking.

Farther up the steps.

Farther away from you- till he was gone.

It hurt.

It hurt alot.

But you shrugged- and forcibly picked yourself off the metaphorical floor- and forcibly kept doing your job.

You weren't here to hang out. You were here to gather supplies for them.

You weren't here to fight- you were here to be a passive and neutral helping force.

Why did you join a side again?

Oh yeah- you were lonely, Jschlatt was terrible, and Wilbur's band of odd misfits seemed fun to be around.

Your luck in companionship knew no bounds, clearly- as only one person has ever truly responded to you completely over your lifetime, and that one person was off adventuring.

Checking your communicator you see the unread messages you sent Phil- still hoping he'd see them and send you a call.

Soon.

Soon preferably.

Every day was another step in Wilbur's mind crossed.

Considering Tommy was the only person who filled you in on upcoming events- you also had no sufficient way of knowing when things would happen.

What things were scheduled to happen.

So of course- the moment you see Quackity scavenging around in the ravine you creep up to him- disgruntled by all the turns of events, and looking like absolute shit because of not sleeping due to stress.

Stress nightmares were horrible- so you started just-

Staying down in the mines all night instead of returning to your bed.

It was immature, and showed how much you hated confrontation- but it felt better then doing anything else involved.

Quackity though.

Oh right.

You were supposed to be asking him for a status update.

And now you were just staring at the disturbed expression on his face.

For how long you had been staring, you don't know.

But you could see he was visibly uncomfortable.

"Quackity?" You ask, voice low with your lack of energy.

He nervously titters before sounding an unsure, "Uuuh- yeaaah....?"