Green and Homelessness

"Are you sure you have everything?"

"Yeah I'm fuckin sure."

Here you were again.

Sending Techno and Tommy off with another goodbye. They're off to try and gather Techno's gear again, and you're making sure they know to be safe.

Not that you didn't trust them.

They always came home safe, and they always had fun stories about what shenanigans they got up to, but fussing over them was something that came naturally.

Especially Tommy, gods knows the child will press a self destruct button if given the chance.

Techno had his hand on the doorknob, staring blankly at you and Tommy. His bone mask was secured, and his expression was unreadable, but Tommy, on the other hand, was very expressive. Especially after you replied to him.

"I don't know. How can I be sure you remembered everything?" You tut to Tommy.

"Well let me, remind you of what I have. I've got my sword, my gapples, and the endless recognition and respect from everyone I encounter." Tommy says, cockily places his hands on his hips, which makes the cloak he was in the middle of fastening fall off. Again.

"Everything I need." He finishes.

"You mean you have my gapples." Techno says.

You tsk at Tommy, picking the cloak off the floor and throwing it over his shoulders, "Uh huh. And respect is gonna save you from a life threatening wound, how exactly?"

"Because fuck you thats why." Tommy coughs, rolling his eyes, before quietly muttering, "But also don't take that to heart and still give me my goodbye hug."

You scoff, pulling the drawstrings of the cloak tight, patting it before giving the child a head ruffle, "No no- it's not a goodbye hug, it's a 'hello' until later hug. And yes. I'll give you one."

"That makes no sense and I declare you dumb--" Tommy starts.

You ignore him, pulling him in for a quick hug before releasing and pulling the hood up over his head, "Keep your ears covered- don't want frostbite."

"Yeah yeah- whatever- I will--" Tommy grumbles, but you could spot the fond grin on his face.

You throw him one last smile before turning to Techno.

Who still had his hand on the door, completely ready to leave.

"....what...." He asks. Confused at the stare you fixed him.

But after a moment of you staring him down he sighs with a huff of a laugh. He knows what you want.

"Okay. I see." He peels his hand off the door, and then outstretched his arms, "You little monster."

You grin, waddling up to him and hugging at his torso, feeling both his arms encase you, heat digging into your spine and making you smile, "Trade offer. You stay here. I receive infinite hug."

"That's not a trade. That's you using me for hugs." Techno grumbles.

"Mmmm- sounds like a fair trade to me."

Techno's reply is a rumble in his chest, a soft pur puttering up in his throat.

Tommy snaps his fingers, "Oi Oi- either we leave now, or I'm leaving you two fucking weirdos to do fucking weirdo things."

Techno huffs, but releases, and you did the same, shooting a smile to the both of them and saying, "No no, proceed. By all means, go back out into the unknown."