Home Base

The walk back home was abysmal.

'Visit family', you said.

'It'll be the chance to reconnect and have fun', you said.

Tough fucking luck that was.

You can still hear the noises of your brother, calling out for you, crying, weeping, for his only family to come back. It rung in your head like a bad mantra, echoing and touching every corner of your head the entire walk back.

But you also couldn't stop thinking about the fact that Techno knows.

He knows.

It's so weird, cause you felt like something should have changed, but nothing has so far.

He's acting the same. He's looking at you the same.

Maybe he was just tired. You know you were. As soon as he gets more energy he'll give you a look.

A look that means his view of you has changed.

For the worst.

You rub at your forehead and stare at his back as you both walk. Thoughts and worries for later.

The leather armor you stole from the skeletons was chaffing, which sucks, but made sense. It was armor. It was rough and toughened leather.

It was a pain to steal it too, the skeletons were so scared that pulling it off them was tedious. They kept wiggling everywhere.

You didn't care if they wiggled, as long as it was after you stole their armor.

The walk back was pretty quiet.

The information was all seeping in, both heads registering what happened.

You felt sleepy, and mildly overwhelmed, and you had no idea how long you've been away from the comfy attic bed in your house.

But eventually, you did get back home.

So so tired.

The anguished yells of your brother were mixing with the fresh image of his content face when you sat with him for those few minutes.

You couldn't tell if you should be happy he had still cared about you, or sad that if you ever visited again his fondness of you would definitely be hatred.

Again. Thoughts for later. The house was coming into view.

Techno reached the steps first, the inky sky bare of clouds, and the tundra, for once, was calm with no icy winds blasting through your skin.

His boots clumped up the steps, and you tentively hopped after him, reaching the top of the steps and letting out the longest sigh you had in you.

No glances were shared. No words.

No passing sentences or eyes silently communicating. You were both ready to be home.

Techno swung the door open, and immediately a squawking cry hits the air-

Oh good Lord.

"YOU-"

It's Tommy.

"MOTHER FUCKERS!"

Techno inches in, placing a hand on your shoulder to urge you inside before closing the door behind you, and in full view you can see a rather... scattered looking Tommy.

He looked like he hasn't slept for days- his eyes were red and puffy- all irritated like he had been crying. His hair was all sorts of ruffled, along with his clothes. The frown on his face as he impatiently tapped his foot in front of you and Techno was more then enough.