Chase Down

.

.

"Tommy...?"

Oh gods.

There he was.

Here he was.

Right where you were- standing in front of you- flesh and bones and living-

And-

Fuck-

You felt tears push against your eyelids- as you stared at him.

"You're okay-" The whine in the back of your throat was all happy- all joy- lips smiling eyes squinting.

You throw your arms out- your only thought to rush him with a hug- but when he flinches you immediately pause.

He looks...

Scared.

Like a cornered animal.

And when you don't get a response out of him other then the confused looking scared glare of a question- you drop your outstretched arms.

"..Tommy....?"

He has his communicator up to his ear, talking still happening as he stares at you.

You approach slower this time- not reaching for him after the last reaction, but he still flinches.

"Are you a ghost?" Tommy bluntly says.

"All flesh and bones." You whisper.

Something in his face softens, before sharpening after a thought of some sort passed him.

"..."

Bitterness.

You immediately recognized it as bitterness.

A deeprooted one that seemed to stem so harshly through him that... the bitterness almost seemed to turn to hate.

But... why was he turning that look toward you?

Something in you cracked. Surely just a small something.

It was doubt making you feel like this, right?

Doubt that Tommy would suddenly hate you?

You weren't going to cry the second you tried asking him if he did suddenly have a distaste for you, were you?

Before the conversation could continue- before you could start bawling-, the wind at your back stopped- blocked by something that was now looming behind you.

"Heh..?" Techno. Techno is literally the only person that could be behind you, and the voice sold it.

"Uuuhhh- one minute one minute!" Tommy shoves past both you and Technoblade, briskly walking into the cold snow and yelling into his communicator as he went, "Guys I think I have to go-"

"Heh???"

Techno walks after him, so confused looking, and so do you.

"SORRY, SORRY-"

Tommy walks around the house, and once he gets a few paces away... he just- starts digging at the snow???

Techno is taking the initiative in walking through the harsh wind, and you meekly follow in the footprints he leaves behind, but you are so unbelievably confused and sad- but happy? Cause there's Tommy, doing Tommy things. He's alive and that's what matters.

"HEH??"

"BUH BUH BUH BUH BYE-" he hangs up on whoever he was talking to and shoves the com into his pocket, before frantically saying, "Tommy hole Tommy hole Tommy hole-"