CHAPTER 1

The beginning,

It seemed hard to believe, me, soon to be crowned queen, ruler of the most beautiful place I had lived in my entire life.

Ardenia.

I wasn't a good fit for the role myself, you see, my sister was supposed to be next in line to be queen, but... let's just say that didn't happen.

I was always told to be more like my sister, she was beautiful, her short brown yet, wavy hair. She had all the boys falling for her.

It was no secret, she was deeply gorgeous, but she fell in love with a common fellow — I was the only one she told.

My parents found out, they didn't want an ordinary man marrying my sister.

Such a stupid rule, but our family wasn't fit to change those rules, yet.. my mother and father did not give two shits about what we wanted.

Pressure and perfection were the only things my parents had cared about. To them, I was a pawn in their plan.

To rule the kingdom of Ardenia

Now, I wasn't my mother's typical little girl' I didn't fancy makeup and necklacesas she did, they are uncomfortable to wear, but some catch my eye

Since I was next in line, it was my duty, even though I hated it all I wanted to do was make my mother and father proud.

It was very clear no one knew me, the spotlight had always been on my sister since the day she was introduced as a princess. I would always be in her shadow — I didn't mind really, it was pretty nice.

She was the only one who cared for me, she was very supportive of what I've been hiding behind our parent's back.

I had been doing archery, learning to contend, and wear the most ludicrous clothes as my parents would say.

She wanted to be free, my sister...

She didn't have the chance, she was In my parent's control.

As little girls, she and I would go for runs In the garden, go swimming in the ocean, and make a whole mess In the kitchen.

Pretty hilarious I may add.

She was very special to me, she was.

But late at night, we would put on our clothes for our protection yet, I would always carry my dagger she has gifted me a while back.

We would sometimes buy ourselves little snacks and she would buy dresses of course but, it always looked amazing on her.

We always did this when we had the chance.

Now you may be wondering what happened to her.

She wasn't executed I know that for a fact...

She was sent away by my parents, how cruel could they be, they didn't want her with common folk so that's what they did.

I despised my mother and father really, they didn't give us a choice, they didn't let us live our lives.