CHAPTER 55

Through the night, Claude spent her time in the hospital wing with Draco.

He didn't speak to her at all that night, any person would leave if they were being avoided, but she didn't.

Claude had taken a shower in the prefix bathrooms, which Draco gladly let her in, and grabbed extra clothes from the infirmary.

Not the ones that looked like gowns. The one Madam Pomfrey had in the cupboards for students who got their clothes messy, a plain shirt and pajama pants.

And she did the same, from the fogged glass and towel covering his lower body, as she left clothes on the small chair.

The night didn't go fast for them, it seemed to have stopped every time they looked into each other's eyes.

On accident, or even on purpose, her eyes would latch onto him when she was currently sealing his wound.

Even when she was freshening up outside the bathroom where he was, she could hear him wince.

She sealed his wounds for him before, but not one – He did that himself, but they must have opened.

They weren't sure how it happened, but maybe they were too deep, magic couldn't hold them together.

"Please–hold still," She sighed, placing drops of Dittany on his abdomen, her eyes were spewing with tears just hearing his quiet groans under the tie.

They couldn't risk having the other injured students wake up, so she shoved a tie in his mouth, having it muffle his groans.

He hissed at the drops falling into his skin, green smoke billowing upwards around them.

The surrounding curtains were shut, she wanted to avoid being seen, since she wasn't supposed to be there.

"I know– it hurts, I know, just a little more." She sniffed from the rush of cries, "A few more seconds."

She was about to move his arm and uncover the towel over it, but his hand latched onto her wrist.

Immediately, they both stopped when he took the flask from her hand, taking the tie from his mouth, "It's disgusting, worse than the others, just, turn around."

He groaned, trying to move his arm across his chest. "Fuck—" His arm slapped back down to the mattress.

Her eyes stared blankly at the curtain, trying to take a peek at his efforts. She bit her lip while disputing to help him.

But it was clear that it was up for debate, "Let me help you, please–"

"No." He said sternly behind her, continuing to beat harshly from the efforts of swinging his arms over his chest.

Claude heard his groans and her veins turned ice-cold, "Please, Malfoy, let me help you." Her voice grew louder, almost begging for him to agree with her.

Not once did she remember about the students in the large room. They were down at the end; far from the others.

His eyes turned to her back, her wet wavy hair braided up behind her, and he noticed how her hands balled up on her hips.

When they were both quiet, she felt a vile hit her thigh and slowly took it from his hands, and turned around.

A bloodied towel rested over his arm, "Close your eyes and listen to my voice." He instructed her, holding on to her wrist and hovering it over the cloth piece on his arm.

"Okay." She shuttered, letting her eyelids fall until she saw nothing but black.

His hand was the only thing guiding her, bringing light from the darkness compressing her.