CHAPTER 14

Three Years Ago,

Hand and hand the Bardot family was walking down the village. Claude was fifteen, and her sister Daphne eighteen.

They were surrounded by guards preventing any attack on the family.

The guards had pushed many people to the side, men, women, and children. They did not care.

It was when one guard from the front pushed a pregnant woman and her little boy to the side.  Claude, who was at the very back witnessed everything,

She was appalled by their behavior, so she came up with the idea of getting out of the circle the guards kept the family in.

Helping the pregnant woman was her only duty.

Claude had bent down to "tie" her boot, but a guard stayed with her,

"I'll be quick, you are allowed to leave..." she exclaimed to the guard.

Her protector had sent her a questioning look as she just smiled and nodded, that's what sent him off, he nodded and left.

As the guard was many feet away from her she took the chance to find the lady.

She scurried around people being pushed around but didn't care.

There she was, she was sitting on the floor with her child, she slowly came up to her trying not to gain attention from people.

She kneeled in front of her, slowly grabbing her hand rubbing it, and comforting her.

That's when she realized the lady had a cut on her hand, that could get infected.

"I saw what happened." Claude reached into her pocket pulling out a piece of cloth. She wrapped it around the woman's hand. As the lady winced in pain.

Her face turned into sorrow, as she realized people in her castle did such a thing.

"Don't worry—" she tied it to her hand. The woman groaned once more. "It will prevent infection,"  Claude assured her.

The woman looked up at her and Claude smiled. She then reached into her pocket pulling out yet another piece of cloth, but with riches.

"Here..." she placed it in the woman's pocket making sure no one saw. "Take this and buy anything you need."

The woman couldn't help but caress Claude's cheek in happiness, "Thank you, child." she exclaimed with joy.

Her little boy looked at Claude with a bright smile that made her day.

She got up helping the lady up as well as finding a bench to sit her on.

As she did she gave her one last smile and left, but before she did the woman said words she never intended to respond to before.

"What's your name?" The woman asked the young girl who stood before her.

At the time no one knew who Claude Bardot was, and she was proud to say her name for once but last until she overhead voices chattering.