CHAPTER 64

This chapter contained the talk of death and heartbreak that may be triggering.

Nothing felt the same anymore. It's been said over a thousand times that things have changed. The fight had been going on for so long, it's impossible to keep it from happening.

There are just not enough mouths to say it over. When will it be over? When will the tides stop shifting out of place? When will it go back to normal?

It was filled with hatred, death, murders, the bloodshed that broke out because of them. That's what they believed. Everything that did hurt people, they didn't want people hurt.

Out of every piece of destruction they faced, the worst one was finding each other. Claude and Draco met so suddenly, he remembered turning the corner and finding a girl peeking from behind the wall and into the common room. The curiosity in her sparked brightly.

Who knew that they would hurt each other? Who knew that their love would be as complicated as the life they faced. Who knew that after all the protection they've done, her soul would shine, leading a path for him to her.

Yet, the same thing had happened with another boy, the brunette. He found her first, in a time where his only instinct was to hurt, pain, murder, and slaughter innocents.

His mind was dark, soul shredded into pieces when being around the dark. Who knew it was her pain that brought him out of it. The pain others did to her. The pain other people had done to give her a swollen heart.

It would take time for it to heal with his love again, though, his love was never really there, he could never show it in a way where he felt he was doing so.

Through the windows, leaves hit the thick glass as the wind blew harshly this early morning. It caused her to shudder and toss around the mattress affected by what's being struck.

An arm draped over her waist pulling her back until she hit their warm body; she no longer fidgeted. His scent, she had forgotten it the moment he left her crying in the cold forest.

The warm feeling of him along with the hint of an apple smell and fresh toothpaste. It made her feel fresh up, clean like no one had set a damaging hand on her.

He held her close, breathing in the scent of her hair that smelled of vanilla essence. It calmed him just as much as having her close, she calmed him, made him sane of the cruel thoughts that roamed his mind.

The boys wanted to hurt them. Hurt those who made her scared of touch, scared of trusting people, scared of love, receiving, and giving it back. They scared her.

Malfoy only let her be his breakage, when he wanted to hurt people, he would remember her presence before doing so. He didn't want to pain people carelessly, he wanted to have a reason for it like he has a thousand for those who hurt her.

His hand pulled the covers over their body when her body shifted a bit. She snuggled the covers in her fists, letting it rest under her nose with her legs bent and tangled with his.

For once he was happy. He became happy again and smiled as he held her close this cold morning. The boy pushed himself up, still holding her as he leaned against the headboard of the bed.

Her eyes fluttered and his body stiffened, he didn't know if it made her uncomfortable, having him cuddle against her a day after she almost lost herself that night before.

A small hum fell beneath the room, she smiled against the covers pressing herself against him even closer, closing any small space that was created between them.

He would feel uncomfortable at the thought of her feeling that way and he would scoot back, only every time he did, she would press against him. She just needed someone, and he was there, he was always there.