CHAPTER 2

"Don't you think father would be mad?" I questioned my sister, she looks at me confusingly.

"Of course not," she said with confidence, "well not unless you tell him" whispering to me whilst nudging my shoulder.

I laugh it off and we both head back to the castle.

"DaphneAre you happy?" I utter as we are both walking back home. She leaves the area around us in complete silence.

A few minutes go by and we arrive back at the castle and headed towards the garden for a little while.

Complete silence, she did not speak to me after what I have said, but I couldn't blame her... living in this family was difficult.

We were held to such high expectations, being controlled and forced to do things we didn't want to do.

I had been wandering around the garden as she had been sitting on a stone bench admiring the roses bloom and the fountain's water.

I am stuck facing the tall grass which laid miles away from our garden until I had felt a hand on my shoulder.

Daphne.

She turned my shoulder so that I am facing her, "My dear sister..." she whispers slightly with a smile.

"You asked me if I was happy, truth is — I'm adequate" she slightly remarks to me. I smile at her.

Her arms open as I reach in for a hug, She hugs me ever so tightly.

"You just need to wake up and live your life, don't let others control it for you" she whispers. I look up to meet her eyes.

"What was that?" I add to what she had whispered. She smiles at me.

"Wake up my darling sister" the words she had said are repeating all over my head.

"Wake up"

"Wake up"

"Wake up"

__________

My eyes unfolded as I took in a deep breath of air begging for more, only turning out to be a cough at the end fleeing my mouth.

Looking to my right I see Mary, dabbing a wet cloth on my forehead, yet when she realized I awoke she placed it gently on her lap

I slowly rubbed my temples as I felt the pain rush throughout my body.

" What happened?" I mumble in complete shock at the position I am put in at this very minute.

" Dear, you had blacked out in the fitting room and your moth—" I cut her off I put my hand out as a signal to stop.

" My mother, where is she? Why didn't she—" I mumble to myself but Mary could still hear what I was saying.

"Your mother called for me.. she left for Anna's shop" Mary states whilst looking at me. I look down at my lap with my fingers intertwining together in complete devastation.