CHAPTER 54

"He was acting strange," Claude spoke, throwing the blanket over her crossed legs on the couch.

On the far end of the couch sat her friend, Pansy. She had walked in with Blaise when Claude was already making herself comfortable around the fire.

"You know who he is... You know who his father is, they are the–"

Annoying, Claude turned her head to her lap, away from her friend.

She didn't like hearing how Mattheo could be similar to his father in any way.

"He's not his father, but I just want to know why he was acting the way he was." She whispered, keeping their voices down from the student who slept early tonight.

Her hands fidgeted, with the thought of him and the note...

The way she thought of the words engraved on the letter, dark, and terrifying just for her to think about.

"He hasn't been out of his room for over an hour, and he told me, he told me he was coming to check on me."

Claude muttered as she stared blankly at the orange, red flames in front of her.

"He'll be here soon, I mean, has he ever lied to you?"

No.

He hasn't, so why was she so overwhelmed with the thought of him not doing what he said.

But reminding herself time and time again won't bring him here with her, and as much as she loved having Pansy here.

She wishes it was him. Not that she didn't enjoy her friend's company, but he kept her living.

The son of Voldemort had been in this girl's mind since the steamy kiss they shared in the quarry.

And now, he was like a drug to her, a horrible addiction.

"You've gone crazy for him, haven't you?" Pansy laughed, shaking her head as she peeked over to Claude.

Has she? That's what Claude kept thinking of.

Has she fallen hard for him, even after spending weeks with the boy?

"I wouldn't say crazy, more like– he's growing on me, Pansy, he is." She smiled at the thought of him.

Beside her, Pansy smiled sadly at her friend. Claude doesn't notice, and if she did, chaos would break.

The reason she didn't respond to Claude is that she was still stuck in the mindset that he would hurt her.

She knows what happens when Claude gets hurt, anyone can get under her skin and toy with her feelings.

Deep in her mind, Pansy would do anything to make sure she doesn't feel pain from others, and her opinions about Riddle weren't the same as Claude's.

"And what about Draco?" She mumbled, "Are you over him?"

Pansy didn't regret a word she said, she just wanted to know that what she felt for Mattheo was real and not pity for herself.

Pity, the feeling she could either feel or not for being alone and easily manipulated.

So, the brunette girl, who had her mind flooded with another boy, sat quietly.

One look at Pansy and for a reason, Claude didn't mind her mentioning him, even if she still felt upset at the name she spoke of, it didn't hurt her for this second.

Until she could give a clear answer, she was reliving the old memories in her head for a second before she shook them off.

"Yes, I am."