CHAPTER 18

Draco,

The halls — empty,

The cool wind brushing past my skin, and robe makes shivers run down my spine; knowing someone may be watching me this moment terrified me.

My father has been up my ass talking about being invited to a ball this week, I'm not quite sure if we were invited by.

All I can think of is how they might bribe us for money, pathetic thieves, we haven't been invited to a ball since my father sided with—

I'm not allowed to say, but it's no good and I've been taking a part of it.

Shaking my head wander around the great hall, corridors, fields making sure there's no one out of their common room.

If you guessed it I am a prefect, My duty isn't that difficult really, I find students out of curfew and hand them over.

I haven't found potter and his friends yet, but I know there are somewhere around here.

My minds have been blanked by several things, the past week Claude and I have decided to keep things slow.

Though we aren't together, it's obvious that we can't hide what we feel for one another.

Looking straight ahead I see the faintest shadow of a student quickly turning the corner. They knew I was right behind them hoping to be avoided, but little did they know I was right on their tail.

I quickly rushed to the corner only seeing them turn once again from afar.

They had moved into the direction of the Gryffindor common room, it hit me, Potter, and his friends.

He wasn't that far so I ran off to the corner only to see them stopping right as I turned, it was quite terrifying knowing he stopped so suddenly and he wore a hooded cloak.

But I caught him, I finally caught him—

"I got you now Potter." I laughed.

I tugged the cloak down as the figure turned to me eye to eye, only to reveal that it wasn't Potter but —

"Draco."

" Claude, what are you doing here this late?" I ask the girl startled by my actions, she fiddles with her fingers.

She took a breath, "I needed to take a walk so, I did." I raised a brow at the girl, "but I was immediately heading back, I swear I—"

My hand grabbed hers making her stop at her won words, "no need to explain love, " she smiled at me, as I intertwined our hands together.

"Now what are you doing by the Gryffindor common room?" I question her as her smile turns to a frown, Was it a bad question?

She was leaning towards and ack on her toes, "I was going to ask — Harry for wormwood." she uttered.

My jaw clenched at the thought of her seeing that imbecile, wait she went for wormwood? She's — hurt.

Her eyes were faced down to her feet as my eyes widened, I carefully turned her forward and back looking for blood, until I flipped her hands looking for bruises of anything until I found one—