CHAPTER 45

TW- Mentions of Blood/Cuts/ assault -TW
______

The night went by quicker than it seemed, it felt like five minutes to Mattheo, but hours to Claude, she couldn't sleep so she spent the entire night reminiscing the past.

Her thoughts were drawn to her next ploy of where she might look next, she wanted to go see him, Voldemort.

It was too risky, even for Mattheo and Claude didn't want him getting hurt.

Soon, it was almost time to go back to Hogwarts and she was scared for what she might face the days there

Indeed, a battle between both light and dark will soon rise, but no one knows when.

Claude turned her head to the right, taking a look at the boy who rested peacefully on the large couch.

So now, she was just wondering, wondering if he'll be able to reveal any secrets about his father's plan, he may not like Hogwarts, or the people, but saving it is much more important.

But all she needed now was time, she was running out of it, and fast. There were many things she needed to uncover, and doing it with Mattheo made it much easier.

And indeed, there would be a time where she would be doing this all over again, and alone.

Claude thought that everyone's lives have crumbled because of her, she thought that's the reason why they left, because of her.

Now she had no other person to turn to other than herself, she was alone in both worlds, and she was choosing to risk her life for not one, but both.

She threw the covers off her, swinging her legs just over the edge.

There was only one thing in her mind at his point, one thing that kept her awake — getting into her mother's office.

This time, she didn't want any help from the boy resting, deep down she felt bad for putting his life in the line for hers.

He had been in trouble with the ministry for the unforgivable curses, apparating, and the use of magic in front of muggles.

If she was going to do this, she had to do it fast, and now. Once her feet hit the floor, she tiptoed to her desk to grab her wand that was left in the cabinet; he gave it back when they were at the quarry.

Again, she searched through her drawers to find her thigh strap to secure her wand in a place where no one would see it; if they keep their eyes somewhere else, as they should.

Every guard should be outside the castle for a morning walk through around the perimeter, this gave her a chance to go to her mother's room.

Her room held much more secrets than what's in her office, it's just lousy and fake family love, but what hurt Claude most was that none of her pictures were in that room, at least her father had some red in his heart.

Claude was in her silky white nightgown that rested halfway up her thigh, changing would take hours, but her mother was going to come back from her morning tea with her guests it would waste time.

Now she had a choice, apparate, or run towards her room. But when Claude had vanished into thin air her answer was revealed.

However, Claude wasn't as smart as she seemed, she should've looked around her room before leaving, to see if she saw anything she was missing, or anyone's eye she glanced past.

Because what she didn't know was that Mattheo had seen the whole thing.

Her feet had crashed the hard floor of her mother's bedroom.