CHAPTER 40

Town,

To clear my head, I thought it was best if I wander around the small shops that rested in the nearby town.

There was nothing I could do to make myself feel better. The things that happened only made me feel like I'm never supposed to be happy, with my sister "dead", my relationship "toxic", and my energy, "low".

The only thing I could do was make time for myself and hopefully come to the conclusion that I didn't cause this mess. That I was responsible for the death of my sister.

Even then it felt like It. When we were little girls I would remember her getting into trouble, and I knew that it was I who caused that.

I'm cursed. Everyone who's near me either dies or gets hurt, and I can't live through that pain again. If I wanted to keep everyone safe, I had to leave and go far.

No more fighting, No more interactions with people, I had to live alone. But for now, I will be learning to keep my distance from this I could hurt, my friends, Mary, Albert, and Draco.

Fuck.

There's a part of me that's still waiting for him, and when I go back after the break, he's going to be all confused on why I have been keeping my distance. I was doing this for him, I need him to be happy without me.

The sounds of bells ringing sounded across the entire town. When I turned my head I could just see the many people being bumper to the side while someone was carrying through them.

What was going on?

That's when I got a glimpse of curly hair, his curly hair before he placed his hood back on. Right behind him ran several guards, they had been chasing I'm through the crowd as quick as they could but Riddle himself made it out of there quick.

He, pulling out his wand just a tad bit — caused a spell that caused all the guards to fall on the ground. The use of magic in front of muggles can have someone sentenced.

My body jolted to the side when he ran past me, I could hear his laughter from where I stood. He turned his head back to look at the guards but soon met with mines.

When he did, He came running back gripping me by the arm, pulling me towards him. I tried getting out of his grip, but the more he pulled, the faster we both ran away.

Gasps, and whispered were heard when we passed several people, one hand of mine clutched onto my hood holding it steady from revealing who I was.

My face was getting red due to the cold and I was losing breath. We ran far enough, that he slowed down turning back from where we came. He, without making contact — pulled me into the alley just steps away.

You could hear the footsteps of the guards coming towards us. The yells, and swords clanking on the rocky ground. An idea popped in my had saving us both.

This would save me from punishment from leaving the castle unintended, and Riddle — well, from being targeted by someone else or even executed. Quickly, I and pulled down my hood, and moved my hands to his.

I yanked it off him, only seeing him in a white blouse with his grey pants on. He looked at me confused, but before he could do anything else I pushed him against the wall.

We were going to be caught any time now, I started at the opening right beside us when the voices grew closer.

The glimpse of the end of the sword caught my eye before I turned to the boy pinned against the cold, hard wall.

In the shadows — His face was close, too close I could smell his scent, smoke, and cologne, and then my lips didn't connect with his but rubbed against it — My eyes shut as I wrapped a hand around his neck, pulling him lower.