CHAPTER 46

(You all have been so sweet to me, and I couldn't just leave you all without another chapter, I'll still be on break but here you go my loves<3)
______

Claude remained asleep on the couch, a blanket and several pillows surrounded her – giving her the comfortable rest she needs.

The fireplace was put on to keep her warm. Her room was always chilly, although that's the temperature she enjoys and it lets her snuggle into her bed for hours.

Blood was still stained on her skin, along with the many tears that were continuing, even more, she dozes off.

She was scared to fall asleep, every time she closed her eyes she saw everything that went on — she couldn't bear the thought of it happening to her again making her eyes open once in a while.

The wound on her shoulder opened up and the sting in pain returned, but Mattheo had spoken another spell when she was resting to soothe the pain for a couple of hours.

What they didn't expect was the scar to reappear. It was insane how magic for healing it, didn't work as well, and magic from him that is.

It took him everything to make sure that she didn't wake up while he had been casting spells around the room.

Mattheo cleared up the bathroom from the glass that was scattered everywhere, and the dried blood on the ground.

Claude shifted in her sleep, only startling the boy much more than he thought. He didn't like it, seeing her in pain even though he was destined to cause much more.

But the sound of a gasp sounded in his ears, his head turned to the couch seeing her shot up with her hand clutching her chest — heavy breaths fleeing the girl.

" I'm sorry—" She heaved swinging her head to the startled man, " I- I'm sorry,  I didn't mean to startle you."

She pulled up her blanket, noticing how she was still in her towel underneath it. " I can't reverse what you've endured, neither can you. It's fine, I understand."

He placed her wand on her desk only then Claude had her eyes widened and a vague look on her face.

" What do you mean you understand? Did something happen to you? Did it, Did it give you nightmares—"

The sound of his fists slamming on her desk frightened her, but not in the way she had been feeling before. He was wordless with rage.

And inside Claude could feel a sense of regret, she shouldn't have brought it up, she wanted to take her words back but his anger was only growing and she knew she was in the wrong.

His back was turned to her only being able to see his hands grasping the edge of the wooden desk tightly, and his back going up and down from his low by harsh breaths.

Claude stood on her own two feet, feeling nothing but both relief and pain. She limped over to him quietly, making sure he didn't hear anything but his breathing.

Slowly, she moved her hand inches away from his back and froze before moving it any closer. Until she moved it back down to her side and stayed put behind him.

" I forgot that—" She mumbled quietly hoping that he would understand that it was a ridiculous thing to say, considering what he told her.

" You forgot?" He chuckled lightly, and turning around to see the girl behind him, " You fucking forgot what, huh?"

His tone made her body shudder in the worst way possible, but she couldn't blame him for his sudden outbreak. She simply forgot everything he told her, until now.