CHAPTER 52

The next few days were hard for Claude. The day she left Mattheo in the room alone was something she regretted doing.

She just didn't want to get heartbroken again.

Classes were going to start in one day, and she'd been trying to talk to him, but he was simply gone. The day after she left, she made her way to his dorm room, it was unlocked and he wasn't even there.

It made her feel bad, because not only did she leave after they were intimate, he gave himself to her. He let her in his heart, something very unexpected but easy to break.

One thing on her mind was the letter, she dropped it in his room the night she left. She doubted that it would even be there, yet she couldn't help but want to see it for herself.

Right now she had been in search of another book, a book of spells, one hoping to contain instructions to do a locator spell. After all, she had to try one more time before she would soon let go.

She stuck her nose in the books, looking through each page, skimming carefully through the words being careful that she doesn't pass any details.

But when she heard the echo of books slam on the table, everyone in the room turned in that direction.

"Shhh!" The lady quietly shouted.

Claude turned her head in the direction, but she wished she hadn't. Draco Malfoy. That's who she saw, and that's who he saw.

They both caught each other's eyes, his grey hues, and her dark ones connecting like they used to. But this time, Claude wanted to get out of there, before he could do anything at all.

Her books were quickly being placed back from where she had gotten them from, she was placing her final book back until an arm trapped her in the corner of the aisle.

She stared blankly at the sleeve, turning her eyes down to her book before she pushed herself beside him until she bumped against his chest.

His hand quickly touched her waist, but she flinched and stepped away, "Don't touch me." She shouted in a whisper, "We haven't talked."

Again, she tried pushing herself past him, but with every move she made, he mirrored.

But this time, she glared darts into his eyes, "I don't want to see you, speak to you, or even be in the airspace as someone as foul as you, Malfoy."

Her shoulder brushed against the stilled boy, he stared blankly at the girl before he pulled her wrist, turning her back to his chest.

Wind escaped her lungs during the movement. She didn't like this, it was unnecessary of him to be acting this way towards her, possessive and addicted almost.

The brunette pushed her back against his chest, only to move out of his hold. "Have you gone mad?" She yelled, throwing back the hair that covered her face.

"Shhh!"

Both their eyes turned to the direction of the woman telling them to quiet down, even if they were in the very back and in between the shelves.

"Keeping me trapped in between these fucking bookshelves, what's wrong with you?" Her voice growing higher, the books in her hand being set down on the ledge of the shelves.

Malfoy dropped his head. He didn't know why he kept coming back to her, he was already being arranged to marry someone and had to focus on that, his mind was twisted.

He wanted to get rid of his memories of her, the ones that made him attached to having her love in his life, having someone to love. He wanted to protect her, but couldn't when all he thought about was her.