CHAPTER 65

This chapter contains The Mention of Death and Suicidal thoughts that may be triggering.

If you want some emotion behind the words, play Cold by Jorge Méndez.

Pass the tissues...
_____

From the moment her lips had barely caught a warm feeling, tragedy struck and fate had once again tragedy struck and fate had once again torn the two lovers apart.

It was so sudden, and so out of place, that neither of them knew what to do. They froze. She had him, and now he was being told to leave.

Her breath started shaking as she watched him eye the door, it was locked, and it was strides away from the front door.

His thumbs never stopped running circles on her cheeks, he wanted to soothe her, take care of her, and protect her from what's out there. He can't if all the trouble leads to him. But he'd save her.

The boy felt her hands wrap around his neck, soothing him the same way he did to her, but it wasn't enough. It took her to make him sane, and it took the man's voice from the door to make him go mad.

His hands wrapped around her waist, pulling her closer to him before feeling her first head drop against his once as before.

"Please." She whispered, her eyes closed as she pulled herself closer to him, noses touching, "Don't leave me."

He thought hard. The exact words she had once said to him when he left her in the snow brought back nightmares. He couldn't. He won't leave her again, this time he would come back in a split second.

"Then let me save you." He spoke quietly, feeling her pull away in awe until she met his icy eyes. "Let me save you."

She sought protection, one she knew he was capable of doing. She's seen him before, hurt because of her, but she didn't know where this fight would lead.

Claude had turned her head away, simply nodding as she looked at the door and away from something that pulled her in. But when a cold hand touched her chin, she was instantly met with the eyes again.

He scanned her eyes and knew that they both had the same idea. That what he was doing wouldn't end well.

"I'm coming back to you." He smiled, shiting to reach into his pocket for something that clinked in his hold. It was when he tugged it out, she was breathless.

The necklace.

He still held onto the jewel that was so precious to her, so loving that he felt it was his only way of keeping a part of him with her.

With the girl's hands slowly slipping from his shoulder she reached in front of her for the necklace, that's until the shattering sounds of glass hit their ears.

It was now time. He had to go. He wanted to save her, and this is the time. He had quickly placed the necklace in his pocket before carefully lifting her off his lap.

She stood with her arms crossed, hugging herself to feel safe, better, and protected. But she needed him. She needed his warmth and she was so close to getting it.

"I don't– I don't think you want to see what I am, it's best if you close your eyes," He spoke as his hands scurried to find his wand which was now in his hold.

His heart practically jumped out of his chest when he thought about hurting her again. Because what he was about to do next, would frighten her with the memories of things she has endured.

Startled, Claude smiled at the boy, comforting him when she knew how much it hurt him to think of the way she saw him. A monster is what he believed himself to be.