CHAPTER 12

"There you go!" The lady smiled, handing me and my sister both sweats.

We send her a smile back and head out of the shop. As the both of us head out, we can only smell baked goods.

Our heads turned to one another as we both nod signaling that we are going to purchase some freshly baked treats.

As we soon finish purchasing everything we finally walk back home through the dark forest.

Daphne moves the basket in front of me as we are both walking, she lifts the small covering, "Want some, " she breathed.

"I thought we were going to wait until we got home?" I questioned.

She looked at me with the look of "why even bother". I sigh and pull out a biscuit from the basket. She as well.

We both head towards the castle as she leads me to her room. "Here!" she places the fresh goods on her bed.

"I'll fetch us a cup of water."

I nod and watch as she heads out.

It's been minutes, she hasn't come back now, I've been waiting for a while but I couldn't wait anymore... Something was up.

I quietly head to the kitchen, only to see her being held firmly by our mother with a tight grip on her arm.

"What did I tell you about going into town!" Mother yelled at her, Daphne didn't reply but looked in my direction.

She signaled me to leave, but I couldn't, I did not want her to get hurt.

I shake my head mouthing the words no. She sighs giving me a pleading look to do as she says, but I wasn't going to listen.

"Answer me right now, Daphne!" Mother shouted, I saw Daphne flinch at how high her voice has gotten, which set off a fire in me.

"Mother you're hurting me!" Daphne whimpered trying to pry her arm away from her mother's grip. Only for her to tighten it.

My head told me to go help her.

and so I did, I rushed quickly to Daphne and pulled my mother's hand away from her arm. "Don't touch her!" I shrieked, only receiving a guilty look from my sister.

I'm confused, but when I then turn back around, I could see my mother's hand raised and immediately strike the side of my face.

A gasp was heard from Daphne, but my mother only let out a huff. I would do anything for my sister, even if it meant getting hurt in the process.

This was the first time my mother had physically hurt me, but not the last.

______

As soon as my eyes forcefully opened, I was on the floor leaning against the wall.

I couldn't make anything out, my vision was a blur but as soon as that most faded,

I saw it all...

Draco on top of the young man, punching him over and over again. He has anger in his eyes, blood on his fists and lips.