CHAPTER 61

Mentions of bruising, assault, and blood. Please read at your own risk.
______

It was like no matter how hard she tried to do the right thing, it would end up turning around and ruining her.

Never had she thought that her life would crash just like she did, that she would end up being chased after until her heart was no longer beating in this world.

People who lived with the darkness wanted to see nothing more than a cold, dead body on the floor; her body.

And oh was her end near. They were able to capture her, using the only two friends she had left as bait. The only reason she got caught was because of her feelings, how her heart pulled to them because of worry, but it wasn't a mistake she made.

She was going to be where she needed right now, where her fate would be decided. A choice. One between the two, and only one ending with a poisonous heart.

Claude fell. She fell deep into the hole she created. People got hurt and she cried. Everything that happened was her fault. She lived with that thought.

But how did she live? How could she, when all she thought about was the evil that took over the ones she loved?

Now, it had taken over her a quarter of the way. She was in their grasp. Unconscious. Cold. Tired.

It made her want to cry, but her body was frozen, her eyes wouldn't release any tears, her mouth wouldn't make a sound, and her fingers wouldn't move just an inch to the sky.

Everything that made Claude – Claude, faded slowly and turned her into nothing but an empty girl. One who wouldn't feel if the ones she loved were killed before her.

From her blinking eyes, she tilted her head up to see the eyes of her friends staring straight at the ground as they walked with their hands tied.

Pansy had been crying and the cloth that tightened in between her lips caught them all. They hurt her. When Claude was knocked out, both she and Blaise fought them all, but it wasn't enough. Pansy was tortured because she held Claude in her arms, and was in the middle of separating away with Blaise right behind her, they almost did it.

They almost won.

Almost until they were all surrounded by evil. She turned her head up, tears stinging her eyes as she looked with a shocking face at the girl over the man's shoulder.

Their eyes met and both their minds instantly turned over to a happy memory, a happy life they could have made. Pansy and Claude both planned on sticking with each other until the end, but now they had doubts about who's the end they would be sticking by.

And when Claude took one glance at the girl's face, a weak smile emerged from the depths of her scarred skin, before her head lowered back down, becoming weak just like she grew to be.

Her eyes closed shut and she could hear the muffled talks of the people around her. And when her eyes met with the dried grass path, she knew that they were close to the Manor.

She never set foot here in a while. Draco never took her here, he said it was because of his parents, but they were rarely there. She knew. She knew they were rarely there. He knew as well.

But Draco just kept her away, he couldn't bring her to the place he lived, it was dark. He was afraid, afraid that it would consume her and change the beautiful image he saw every time he woke up. He was afraid of hurting her. He hurt her.

The step after the next made their stomach turn, Blaise felt nothing but tired, tired of it all, tired of the lies that swarmed around him.

His best friend hadn't told him a single thing, and Blaise blamed himself. He wondered that if he knew what went on in Draco's mind, he could be there to help him.