CHAPTER 22

Mature Content Ahead
______

I used to think that hiding behind the shadows is a good thing, and it was.

Never had I gotten to experience being put out there for people to see, a role model perhaps.

Though I didn't enjoy it did I.

But tonight, it would all change, my father was finally going to announce me as his daughter and soon to be ruler for the kingdom.

I would be the first title I'm ever given, but I'm sure it's just to make my family look good,

But behind the walls of the castle lies something even darker than ever before. I haven't yet discovered it, but it's coming.

The day I'm announced is the day a mask is placed over my face, I'm living two lives and this one is just as dreary as the other.

Of course, there are some decent moments, being with friends and being with the ones I love the most.

It's to the point where I realize I love them so much I won't be able to see them generally, as I have duties to take care of.

Now as I'm finally finishing myself up, I stare at myself in the mirror as Pansy is right beside me getting her corset taken care of.

Why would she even agree to this?

Starting at myself in this dress, fine jewelry, and shoes any woman would die for I couldn't help but feel awful.

This wasn't me, I didn't want these things, it didn't feel right doing something I didn't have any interest in.

Yet, I would do anything for those I love and need to protect, but who says things can't happen.

Maybe the universe will help me with my future.

" Oh my— you look beautiful! "

Marys's hands went to my shoulders staring as I'm in a long black dress, the sleeveless dress, making my cleavage more visible.

The jewelry laying on my neck and ear shines in the light.

My hand is placed on hers as I give a slight smile to what I see in the mirror, I just have to keep saying I'm not doing this for myself —

but for my kingdom.

" This is it isn't it? " I ask, the other behind me are quiet, but the answer is obvious.

Still, I'm staring deep into the mirror, wondering where did I wrong.

Pansy huffed moving right next to me grabbing hold of my hand, " People will love you. " She whispered, I felt safe.

People will love you.

Yes, I've loved people before and they loved me, but this is all new to me and I'm just getting to know the people I'm about to rule.

This is the time where I'm making the first impression of myself, proving that I am capable of this.

I grow a smile on my face thinking about many positive outcomes, " I just wish he was here. " I utter.