Chapter 61 : Sleepwalking pt 1

Nicole Robinson:

"Hey, Maya." My sister has been coming over more often than usual after moving out and living with Jake. She looks tired and that was mostly because of her pregnancy. Her baby tummy has been showing more prominent now and soon it is bursting for diapers and milk.

"You're visiting Elly tomorrow with your friends?" She looked up from washing the dishes and nodded. "But only till lunch, Ted suggested that we should leave some space for Elly's family since the duel is tomorrow morning." It has been intense here when the rumors of the Alpha having accepted to a duel were deemed to be true by Alpha Kayla yesterday.

"Can I come with you?" She seemed shocked by my request but broke out a smile. "Sure. You're Elly's friend. She would love for you to come and visit her." She took off the gloves and apron before taking my hand.

"Let's go." I was nervous about what is coming later but thankfully my hands didn't give away the feeling to Maya. "Have you met with Elly's family?" She began to talk about Elly's parents and then the twins, she laughed wholeheartedly at the memories of them staying a few days now at her house. She seemed to love their company especially since Jake has been busy with the pack's workload and helping Alpha Kayla with Kyle's problem.

"They sound nice. I'm proud to see my little sister being so strong for her friend and the baby. I hope the baby takes more of your brains than Jake's brawns." I joked and she softly hit me on my arm. "But maybe in terms of appearance, Jake's a better trait." She grumbled and I kept on teasing her.

"Gwen! Ted! You're here." She gave both of them a hug and we entered the hospital together. "It's nice seeing you again, Nicky." I wasn't that close with them but we weren't strangers enough to not be uncomfortable with each other. I smiled as a reply and we made small talk on the way to Elly's room.

"Good morning, Charlotte." Maya greeted the middle-aged lady, who has been sitting beside Elly with a book in her hand. "Have you had breakfast yet?" Ted asked worriedly. This must have been a normal occurrence.

"Not yet but the kids are on the way with one. I thought I would read her favourite storybook while she sleeps." She was holding a worn-out fairytale book in her hands. "How are you dear?" She asked Maya and they exchange pregnancies stories while Charlotte gave a few pieces of advice in her experience of giving birth to 4 children - not to mention two babies at once.

"Hey, Elly. It's me, Nicky." I softly spoke to her and held onto her hand. She was warm and I felt relieved. "We'll bring you back soon. So please wait for a while." I whispered to her to avoid anyone hearing our plan. I had to stay hidden until I know it's safe to come out and confessed.

"Gwen, you don't look well," Charlotte commented on the dark circles beneath her eyes. "I have just been staying all night reading." I knew Mason had visited her yesterday and told her about how she could help in waking Elly up.

"Thank you. Thank you all of you for being here with my daughter even when we weren't." She embraced each one of us and I felt guilty because I was hiding something from her - from all of them. I need to trust Mason with his plan and wait.

"Mommy!" A teenage girl with braids came swinging the door and ran for a hug to Charlotte. "We've brought breakfast. Willy and I made it!" She exclaimed happily at her effort. "It's egg sandwich and we put bacon in them, just how you like it." She kissed her child's cheeks and thanked them. "Willy, come here and let me kiss you." The exact replica of the girl blushed when his mother called him out in front of all of us. I wonder if Hugh would be like this when he's all grown up.

"I've brought tea and apple juice." Alpha Kayla came with the other two men from the family. I could see the resemblance the son had with the mother but his eyes followed his father. "Thank you, dear." They all seemed like a happy family.