Chapter 4 : What's Hidden pt. 1

Hi! Just stopping by to ask "How's the first two chapters going?"

The lady in the hoodie :

"What are they doing here?" This question has been drowning me for the last hour. I was anxious and scared to death since they were the kind of creature who isn't afraid of many things because they know most of the creatures are afraid of them. It puts the crown on their arrogant ass.

The laughter and joy spreading in the area was now turned into a dead silence as everyone awaits in their home with fear and patience for the monsters to leave. It as if someone has stolen the Sun and left the pack in total darkness with the moon only shining a glow of hope for the return of the Sun.

"Let's have a talk." Goosebumps formed all over my body at the voice behind me. "Follow me." I had to. She freely walked around the place like she owns it. She passed the guards with ease and they did nothing to her. I followed her and no one asked me what I was doing outside when the Alpha has clearly told us to stay inside.

All because we were invisible. All because my physical body was in bed - asleep as my soul wondered through the forest. She is a powerful witch to have done this from afar and that made me shiver at the thought of her watching my every moved without me knowing it. Have she known the secrets I've hid or the true mate of the Alpha? I prayed that she never know even after she dies.

"She is absolutely beautiful." She commented on a lady nervously sitting in the living room waiting for her man. The man, I've made her choose rather than her mate, Ted. I swallowed a sigh of relief and thanked for her believing my lies. At least, I could save one friend from her.

"I wonder why Chris hated her." She looked at me and her eyes challenged me to lie. "I've heard Alpha Kyle spoke about how they've been forced to marry someone else other than their mates to ensure the continuation of the bloodline. Alpha Chris hated that he disobeyed the family tradition to be with her." I hid the fact that I did not hear this from him but rather the book Mary has been busy writing about the history of the Alpha's family. It was shocking to know that Luna Jane was never the mate of Alpha Chris.

It all seemed as if their family was cursed. I secretly read her work but it was still incomplete but I've reread the history of this pack to assume when it started and pieced all together to fully understand what I was into.

Who was this woman. What is the connection of the pack and the witch in front of me. What may be the end of my friends' story.

"They are always greedy and acted like animals to the weak. To us women." It was clear as Violet sitting quietly in front of us that she hated this pack specifically the Alpha's bloodline. "I could see the potion has worked. They are now together and his foolish father welcomes her with open arms." Alpha Chris sat down beside her as a protection to her worries. If only she had known that Alpha Chris has never hated Violet in his whole life. He loves her as a daughter and welcomes her as a family since she was little. We could have been friends if only my mother haven't brought us to the city for her job then this might not have happened and I couldn't imagine the dilemma I would have experienced from choosing which friend I should save.

"You did well. Just know that my grandson is doing well and is healthy. I don't hate you because you bare him and I wish in another universe, we could be a happy family but I know you and my son were never mates. It was lust and youth that brought you two together." She pulled me into a room, walls were painted blue as the sky with glowing stickers of the stars and sun. A bed with dinosaurs' blanket and pillow case. A shelves of story books and a treasure chest of toys. A boy calmly sitting on the floor with his toys - happily playing without the care of the world.

"Mommy?" He suddenly turned and I was surprised he could see me. I turned to her and she was smug at the boy's extraordinary behaviour. "Baby. I'm here." I've wanted to hug him but I was a soul not a body. "When are you coming? Daddy told me that you were coming but you never came." It broke my heart on hearing those words coming out of my son's small pink lips. "She'll be with you once she finish her work. She is very busy." She answered for me.

"I'll wait and be a good boy but promise you'll come home." A single tear ran down my cheek and he saw. "Mommy don't cry."

"I'm crying because I'm so happy to see you. Grandmama has been telling me about how a good boy you have been. I promise I'll come back and we can go for ice cream." He was in a full grin and any wider he could have torn his mouth opened from the big toothy smile he gave me.

"We have to go now. Say good bye to mommy." I wished to be there and hugged him for eternity when his face dropped and he reluctantly bid farewell.

We were back in my room and I felt empty inside. All I've ever wanted was to be with my son and to let him meet my family. "He has power. His strong as you and my son and he can do magic as well as I can. Truly a gift." I didn't know how to feel about this. It was either a compliment of being his mother or a dreadful fear for knowing how he can do something as wicked as her. "You know what to do. Make them pay for what their family has done to mine." Slowly her figure starts to disappear into the shadow and I've woken up from the nightmare.