Chapter 35 : Found You

Mason :

"I'll be showing you around the area." She looked at me innocently while I was halfway eating my lunch. "I thought the Beta was going to give me a tour." She still had her smile on her face but it was strained. I had done it when I promised to help her and her son which was a sensitive subject to touch. She never like when someone makes a promise that has absolute zero change of happening but I was going to make it happen even with the impossibility.

"He has something else to do." She looked around the dining hall and kept her mouth shut while waiting for me to finish up. The other people who's staying here already left to do their job. "I meant it with what I said." I stood up with my plate and left her stunned but she recovered quickly. "I told you to leave it-  leave the plate to me." She swiftly changed the topic when someone was in the kitchen and had turned towards us. She quickly took my plate and washed it with an annoyed expression. I held my laugh and took a new bottle to drink while she gave me a tour. I was hoping to find what I had been looking for.

"Hopefully, they're here." I told myself. I needed them to fix all this.

"Let's go." She pulled me out of the kitchen as fast as lightning. I thanked the cook for the delicious meal and didn't forget to drop my killer smile that I had used in all of my spying careers. "Do you want to go to town as well?" She asked when I had paced myself beside her.

"Maybe some other day." I know that the territory was huge which meant it would take us the whole day to venture. "I'll bring you to the training field since they're training and you could see how the pack works especially since you also are required to train." I had to groan at the word physical activity. I thought by coming here I could do my work. "Just the basics but I'm sure you'll be fine. You know how to fight." I huffed my chest at her acknowledgment for my fighting skills.

"I was thought by the best, unfortunately." The vampires were faster than us werewolf and it could kill you if you aren't able to adapt and adjust yourself to them. I had been beaten like a sand bag by them especially that arrogant ass called Axel. We trained together since we're at the same age and Thomas always made us sparring partners.

The field was huge and it was the right size for the huge amount of people training right now. Even kids were training hard. It was adorable when they tried to do a proper kick with their little chubby legs. "Were you like them when you were small?" I pointed to the kids and for once, she had a genuine smile. "I guess so." She saw me staring and quickly went back to her strained smile.

"You know, people's going to see your unwillingness to show me around with that smile." I put a hand on her shoulder and she tried to shake it off but I was much stronger than her. "Let's move on. Where to next?" I asked and she grumbled about how annoying I was being. She loves me. I smiled to myself and glanced back to the field because something had caught my eyes when I saw who was training the kids.

I chuckled at how persistent she was with her revenge to put that guy there. This means I have to be more careful with my plan but then I remembered something. Something really interesting that he did.

"I need to talk to him later."

"What?" I had forgotten she was beside me and I shrugged her off by telling her about wanting to be excluded from the training. "Good luck with that." 

We have been walking for quite a while and met a lot of people who always asked the same damn question; 'Who's he?' and 'Is he your mate?'.

And she would instantly told them I was new and I was definitely not her mate. I was so going to tease her about her reaction to the question because with the hundred same question thrown to her, she still blushes.

"Let's go to the swimming pool tomorrow." A little girl with the height of a bean sprout with a ponytail was chirping with a boy that was a bit taller than her by just a few inches. She was holding his hand and looked like she had the best time of her life.

"Hi Maleah. Did the training finish?" She bent down and asked. She acted motherly and I knew why, they were around his age. "You must miss him a lot." Her body tensed but ignored me and waited for the Maleah's answer because she was too preoccupied by me. She had to looked up to see my face which was adorable.

"Maleah?" She chuckled at how the kid was too fascinated towards a stranger. "Not yet. The teacher told Maleah to go home first because she hurt her wrist." The boy answered her instead and pointed to the unoccupied hand.

"Are you okay, Maleah?" She nodded and gave us a big smile. "I'm fine. It hurts a little but I can stand it just like how brother did when he has a booboo." I can't say I wasn't impress by her strong determination to withstand a pain. "Should we go see the doctor?" She asked worriedly.

"I'm fine. Griffon's dad going to blow the pain away and it's not going to hurt anymore." That peak my interest with what she said. Being around Dr Dan for almost 24/7, made it clear that he doesn't have a family or a son named Griffon. I was certain there's only one doctor around here because I only ever saw Dr Dan there except for a few nurses but they were mostly volunteers or kids trying to aim for a medical course.

I glanced towards the boy and had just realized the hair. He's a Silver.

"Found you." I smiled to myself and stared at the prize in front of me.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What is he up to?

Vote if you like how adorable Maleah and Griffon are and tell me what you think about knowing there's another spy in the house!

THANK YOU FOR READING.