Chapter 34 : I Killed Her

Kyle Walter :

"Hi." I kissed her forehead right after coming home from all those work. I was exhausted but I needed to finish it especially the reconstruction of the old library. I was sure Elly wouldn't want to stay here after everything but if she did, I wished the library would bring her happiness.

"I'm stupid to think that. Like hell she'll stay." I was selfish and the price of my arrogance was her. I slammed the wall and saw it crack a bit. The cold shower wasn't cooling me down or numb me from the guilt. "It's all my fault." My eyes teared again and I was already on the floor - sobbing like a pathetic fool. 

"I don't deserve to cry. I was the one who made my own bed." It was exhausting when your mind comes back and forth. Playing you in making you think that it was okay to cry like hell but at the same time my head was telling me I don't deserve to be crying with what I had done. I felt a cold hand on my shoulders, I turned around and saw the person who had to endure it all.

She smiled but it brought chills and her eyes were hostile as she stared at me. She slowly crouched down towards me and her mouth opened to show a dangerously sharped canine. Her face came closer and I wanted to run away from the monster but I was paralyzed. "You're the monster." It was as if she knew what I was thinking and labelled her. My mind agreed with her.

"You're a monster. You did this too me." Her voice colder than the showers spraying us both but she was still dry. The water touched her but not one wet her as if they feared the person in front of me. I was going to die - I thought but her smile grew wider if that was possible. "You're not going to die, Kyle." When she called my name, it had no warmth like how it used to. This was Elly but at the same time, it wasn't.

"I want you to live. I want you to breathe for eternity while this pain-" She pointed to my heart. "Lives on. Making you wish you were dead instead." The guilt was going to kill me by keeping me alive. I was cursed to live with this guilt. "And you're child will also pay for what you did." She whispered and I felt her shrilling cold lips on me before leaving me alone on the floor.

"KYLE!" All I deserved is this pain.

"Kyle. Honey." She wants that from me.

"Please open the door. Please!" And my child will atone for what I did to my own mate that I was supposed to protect and love.

"Son!" A pair of rough hands shook my shoulders and as soon as I saw my father's worried eyes. I laughed like a maniac. "I'm curse. She cursed me for what I did." I laughed and I cried at the same time.

"And that child!" I pointed to Violet's baby bump. "Is going down with me." Her face paled at what I said and she shook in fear. "She said so. Elly said so." I told them and was still laughing. "I killed her dad. I killed Elly." His hold onto me tighten as if I was going to disappear. "I killed her hope. I killed her from the inside. I didn't love her. I didn't even protect her from my wolf." A shiver ran all over my body at the thought of my wolf.

"Daddy. I'm scared." I stopped laughing because I was frighten with my own wolf, who was supposed to protect me. My best friend since birth was trying to remove me. The first time it had happened, I couldn't even fight him. I was locked and was powerless. I heard her pleads but I was useless.

"I'm scared. I'm scared." I repeated those words like a broken record while trembling in fear. I heard my mom sobbed and Violet was too stunned to move but her hands were protecting our child from her own father. It was a girl and it was going to experience what Elly felt and she's going to die inside everyday.

Just like how I was going to die inside with my guilt and wolf killing me.

The cold water was gone and I was dressed by my mother like a doll. My Violet won't even come near me. She should run with the child as soon as possible before the curse finds them. "What are we going to do?" Mom's voiced broke as she stared at me with love and sympathy. "Why would Elly do this?"

"She's his mate." Violet spoke. "Don't you remember?" Mom shook her head. Dad went silent for a few seconds before telling mom to keep me company and Violet to rest in her room rather than ours. "I need to take care of something."

"Mommy-" She quickly wiped her tears and answered me with her usual motherly voice.

"I'm scared of him." 

"Who, sweetie?" Mom kissed my ice cold hand as to help keep me warmth but I felt nothing. The touch didn't stay.

"My wolf." Mom's face was puzzled at what I had said. No one has ever feared of their own wolf. "What do you mean?" Dad tighten his grip onto my shoulders and trying to force me to tell him. "He wants to take control. He wants to remove me and lock me inside that place again." My body trembled back at the thought of that dark place. "I'm scared." I stared into my father's eyes and they pleaded for help.

"He's not going to take control. I'll make sure of it." Dad pulled me into a hug and repeat the words like it was an enchantment that would get rid of all evil. "Eat and sleep. You need to rest." He pecked my forehead like he would do every night but he had stopped when I was old enough to be an Alpha.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Finally, Kyle's POV!

Vote if you want to know more and tell me what you're thinking about Kyle's devastating appearance.

THANK YOU FOR READING.