Chapter 75: The table has turn

Elizabeth Peterson:

"My name is Os but you might know me as Oreo-" As he introduced himself, a gust of wind swirled around him like a tornado before it shrinks and displaying a familiar-looking cat that I know. "Oreo?" He purred in delight and rub his small body against my leg.

"You mean, Oreo's a witch?" I held him up and faced his pure white face decorated with only one black patch on his right eye.

"Yup. Apparently, it was the easiest way to sneak in." Ted patted his head. Oreo jumped of and changed back into his human form.

"I could have shifted into other animals but it was more preferable to stay with you in cat form especially when I need to heal you." He dust off his clothes from cat fur.

"Heal me?"

"I thought, the necklace was helping me heal." He glanced at my neck briefly before staring outside the window, it was night and the moon full of light.

"The necklace is just like the moon. It appears when darkness wield the night but with the moonlight, something dark and dangerous seems hopeful. But the light it shine on us all, comes from another source."

"The necklace doesn't heal you but protect you from magic that could harm you. The real light comes from me. When you were sleeping, I was the one who was helping your wolf heal you. The more frequent you get injured, the more you strain your wolf. She was getting exhausted but lucky you, I was always next to you." He winked with a proud smile.

"What about my headaches?" He shushed me. "I heal your outer wounds, I don't interfere with what's inside. The curse was the necklace responsibility."

"And obviously, Emma Silver did a sloppy job."

"She did a fantastic job even when she was about to die at that moment." Hunter joined in our conversation that was wide in the open, just outside of the hospital.

"Yes. Of course. I apologized." He bowed his head in a quirky manner which was his way of being respectful.

"What I was saying, I needed to get in because of my dear friend, Susan." His eyes directed to the hospital behind me.

"As you heard, I helped them and as someone very important in the witch community-" He boasted. "It was my duty to know why a werewolf was being curse because obviously, all of us need to live in harmony and a curse is no childplay. Ever since the peace agreement, curses rarely heard nowadays and are on the verge of extinction - which is good because everyone wants to eat their hot meal, sleep in a warm bed and play happily and peacefully.

"If the world knows about this where a witch has put a curse upon a werewolf whole lineage, war is unavoidable. So, my job is to investigate the cause and straighten what is crooked so no accident happens."

"Your friends have explained to me what's been happening and what has happened. And luckily, Ted and Eloise were at the duel today and quickly contacted me for help." Gwen must have explain what started the curse after listening to Emma's story.

"I have never seen a werewolf became a monster like just now but good thing, I'm the best at what I do." He couldn't let go of the opportunity to praise himself further. "Now, what are you going to do?" I asked since he has already know about the curse.

"Since the Alphas are coming, I might as well discuss this matter with them."

"Before that, let me teach you what you need to do to calm that monster." They were heading to see a knocked-out Kyle and I followed.

Hunter glanced behind but I gave him a stern stare that warned; 'I'm going to see that jerk even if you try to stop me.'. We went deeper into the woods before we came across a makeshift prison.

"Will it hold?" I was going to touch the walls but Hunter quickly grabbed me. "If I was you, I won't be touching that."

"It's wolfsbane amplified by magic too hurt hundred times more that won't kill you just paralyzed you for weeks." He explained.

"Note to self, don't ever touch a prison made for a monster." I let out a nervous laugh. Kyle was still in his monster shape sleeping soundly.

"Is he going to stay that way or will he change back?" I asked these two witches with me. "Once he can control his wolf, he'll eventually change back but if he doesn't-" Os took out something from his small pocket.

"This would do the trick." It was a bottle of liquid that I'm guessing is some type of transformation potion. "Made by yours truly. Fully effective and it's organic." He tucked them back inside.

"When will he be waking up?" Os looked at his watch, "Right about now.". In cue, Kyle squirmed before growling in discomfort and later his eyes snapped open like a predator searching for food.

"Kyle Walters, I command you to transform back." Hunter ordered loud with authority. He snarled in return and banged the walls as to escape but once his skin touched them, he let out a loud cry. Skin burning from wolfsbane and his eyes unfocused.

He slumped down on his knees and went back to sleep. "I think we overdid it with the spell." Hunter commented and I agreed.

"Let's get some rest and start fresh tomorrow with all the Alphas." Os suggested before walking off. Hunter soon followed but stop when I wasn't moving an inch.

"You coming?"

"I just need a minute. You can go first, I'll be right behind you." He nodded and gave me some space.

"Life really is mysterious. Who knew it would end up like this." I started.

"This is what you get for being a bastard. Those burns right now doesn't even come close to what I've felt and I pray you'll get back a thousand more for what you did to me. And I can't wait to see you beg like a coward for forgiveness while I stand on the higher ground with all my family and friends that have been supporting me and loving me." I spat out and it felt good to see for once, Kyle at the other side with wounds and bruises. I wasn't going to give him my sympathy or even empathy to someone like him, who lied to me and hurt me when all I did was love him.