Chapter 76: A late night recap

Elizabeth Peterson:

I said good bye to Hunter and sneaked inside the quiet pack house, not letting out a squeak under my feet and stealthily went to my room.

"Took you long enough, Ninja Beth." All my effort was deem useless as soon as my best friends and siblings sat comfortably in my room. I sighed and closed the door without caring for the loud noise that could wake a sleeping baby.

"Glad everyone came to 'When did I invite you guys over?' party held by well-apparently-it's-me." I welcomed everyone and I knew what they all wanted. "Can we talked about this tomorrow?" I pushed Sophia away from my spot and snuggled into my euphoric blanket.

"No-" I threw a pillow to Sammy who protested my slumber.

"But I'm so tired. If you haven't forgotten, I did just woke up from a coma this morning and then had to flee for safety. Not to mention, almost got killed by my ex." I listed out all the meaningful events today that have squeezed all of my energy like a sponge.

"Fine. I guess, we'll just finish this nachos that Kayla made." Sophia taunted and soon a crispy crunch filled my room to my sensitive ears. "Coffee." I instructed my devilish sister and she was already prepared.

"What do you want to know, kiddos?" All eyes were on me and I gulped down my coffee.

"Where were you when you were in a coma?" Gwen asked while sitting quite close to Ted.

"I wasn't sure. It was a mix of Pearl pack and Moonlight pack but happier and nicer." It was like the highest quality picture ever and it was amazingly breath-taking.

"I was with my wolf! I actually have a wolf and her name is Shimmer." I told them about our little adventure and what's she like. "But sadly, she's too weak and after the coma, I think I won't ever see her again." My heart throb for my inner wf that I have never knew existed and also dreamt of having. "But she will always live inside of my heart and I know she'll always be there for me." I confidently said and tapped my chest a bit too hard.

"What about the witch - I mean Emma Silver?" A pregnant Maya asked despite her yawning, she still wanted to stay up. "She's actually pretty cool and a beauty! Actually, the voice that I have been hearing which spook the hell out of me and the scary figure I was seeing a while back was actually her!" I held my necklace out and explained everything I know right now.

"This necklace was embedded with her soul. Mom and dad got it for me but they never knew where it came from. It just appeared when I entered Moonlight pack. It was looking for me and once she felt Hunter's powers, it activated by itself and tried protecting me but at the same time, the curse felt her and wanted to return to its owner. Making everything a huge mess and one awful headache!" Everyone was astounded but I knew they weren't really on the same page.

"Meaning, inside this necklace has her essence and it attracted the curse. But at the same time, she was protecting you from any harmful magic?" Gwen summarized. "Exactly! And that harmful magic was actually Hunter trying to erase my memory so I don't remember anything between Kyle and me. And this was all planned by Alpha Chris or should I say Chris." I added.

"That's really a lot to take in. Are you sure you're okay?" Sophia checked my forehead and inspected my body. "I'm fine! I handled everything like a pro." I told everyone. "This is place is really messed up." Willy commented and I laughed.

"Yes, it is." Ted agreed.

"Why did he do that?"

"Because he didn't want his son to stay with his mate. He was protecting him from the curse but what they did was a foul move." Jack entered the room and walked towards Maya. "I'm going to take my mate home." Everyone didn't object because she was obviously dozing off despite her cute effort to join in.

"But I want to know what happen." She whined in his arms as he held her in a princess-like manner. "I'll tell you everything once you're able to keep your eyes open." I promised.

"What did they do to get curse?" Willy asked and I told them the tragic love story of Emma Silver and Nate Walters. "They fought bravely but it wasn't their time to win." After everything they went through, they've won the war. Their child grew healthily and had a son and he had a son. Now, the real Alpha will sit on the throne.

"Is the curse gone inside you?"

"I think so. I don't feel anything and Gwen said there's no curse mark or whatever." I answered and Gwen explained that once the curse tasted Hunter's blood, it disappeared.

"So, there's away to remove it? Gwen nodded. "I asked a witch that helped me during summer camp. She said it could be paid with what it has taken."

"What does that mean?" She shrugged. "Maybe their soul since Emma was killed." We stared at each other and then let out a laugh.

"That's hilarious. You don't mean, they have to kill themselve to break the curse, right?" We laughed.

"Who knows." She answered.