Chapter 37 : The Hacker

Mason :

"Hey, kids. Having fun?" A head with a clean cut silver hair popped at the door as Griffon put the last piece of lego on dinosaur's house. "Dad!" He ran to the man that very much resembles him.

"Uncle Hunter." Maleah cheered from her position on my lap. "Hello, Maleah." He smiled but as soon as he saw me, I could see the strain in his eyes. He was wary since a total stranger was in his son's room. "Dad-" Griffon pulled his hand as while moving towards me. I sat up and ready for the introduction. "This is Mason. He helped us build the dinosaur's house." He explained and showed our architecture product which was the perfect size for his toys. "That's amazing." He glanced briefly at me before listening to his son's explanation on the process of the construction and the plans for the future for the house.

"Dinner's ready. Maleah, I made rolls." Roxy stood at the door with a smile as she informed us about dinner and Maleah quickly took her hand when she heard about the small and round piece of bread that surely would compliment with the spaghetti. "Come on, boys. The food will get cold."

"You can introduce yourself later. Right now, I'm hungry as a horse." She left the room with the kids and I promptly followed behind without missing the eyes that has been watching me like a hawk - or a wolf observing his prey.

Dinner went as normal as it can be with the help of the children especially the cheerful Maleah with her little mouth - babbling about how training was fun and how cool Griffon was at his kicking. Despite the warming atmosphere, a pair of eyes was still wary of my every move but it lessen when I gave him a meaningful smile. Then, it was dessert where things went chaotic with kids excitement - even quiet Griffon started to talk more and couldn't hide his smile.

"Maleah, we're going in a minute. You should say good bye to Griffon and thanked them for the delicious dinner." We heard scrambling from Griffon's room running towards the living room where the adults made a brief conservation, mostly about my expression on this pack and a bit of gossips on Elly's current state. "I hope she'll recover soon. I can't believe someone as strong as her would be in this state because of her wolf." Roxy seemed sincerely worried but somehow her eyes seemed like she didn't believe the explanation for the sudden slumber of the only female warrior in the pack. Staying here for a few weeks has made me pretty obvious about what was going on in this pack. For one, she did a great job at using the potion to deceive the people here and I could see that she cared for Elly more like a friend.

"Maleah, let me take a look at your wrist before you go." Hunter called and she trotted to him with an expectant smile. "Are you going to blow on it to make it all better?" She asked excitedly and he nodded. He scanned her delicate wrist with the utmost care before giving it a blow and she chuckled at the response. "It's tickles."

"Thank you, Uncle Hunter and Aunt Rosy. Dinner was delicious." She gave one more hug before saying farewell to her friend. "Make sure to give those cookies to your family." Each of us had been given Roxy homemade cookies and an extra one bag for Dr Dan since I was staying at the hospital.

"Isn't it uncomfortable to stay there for a long time?" It was a bit uncomfortable at first since people were coming back and forth but I was getting used to the sound of footsteps since each step tells a different story. If it was urgent, the steps would be quick, swift and light as if the were running at the speed of light. If it was bad news, they would sound heavy and slow as if they're soul were being chipped one by one and leaving a piece of them at the scene as a reminder that something bad was bound to or did happened. Like those two, who would constantly visit Elly - a friend who lost in the unknown where time stop until they wake up to have realized that years have passed by and so did the people they had known.

"It's bearable."

"I heard that Dr Dan's using you at his disposable." With my knowledge on medicine and potion, who wouldn't. Even over there, learning from that witch, made me useful to them. I was surviving on my knowledge that she had given me and I'm grateful to that witch, only for that. I hated staying there but I need to especially since I need to look after Hugh. Everyday, the witch would trained him since he has enough potential to be used as a weapon for her scheme - she was someone who would use anything in her disposable for her revenge even her grandson. "I don't exactly mind. I get to learn a few things from him."

"I need to recheck something, so I'll be leaving first. Bye Maleah." She was initially on my shoulders while she talked about anything but her eyes started to shut close so I ended up carrying her in my arms while she welcomed her slumber. I handed her over and walked the other way. "I'll see you tomorrow."

On the way to the hospital, I was rearranging my thoughts on the things that I had saw and found out today. Discovering the kid and his father meant one thing, she gave birth and no one knew it except for the one who controls this area but I'm not sure how far does the new Alpha know about his own family history. There's something wrong with this pack, the first thing I felt when I stepped onto this land was something or someone was hunting the land, and it felt like old magic and I knew this magic - I've lived with this for too long to not recognize it.

But what was pounding in my mind was that one person. Why was Jax here and what is his objective or what was her objective in putting someone who skills were only outstanding at killing people. I almost laughed when I saw that he was teaching kids on how to kick and punch.

"Hey Doc, you in?" I knocked on his door but no one responded, so I entered because an unlocked door meant that you were given the permission to enter - indirectly. There was no one in his office but the lights were still on, he must have had something urgent to leave everything at once. I put the cookies on his table and took out one specific patient's file. Everything was fine with her but her activity in her brain's activity seemed too high for someone who's in a coma.

"What the hell are you doing, Elly?"

Since, no one was here at the moment except for the sleepy receptionist in front and the nurse in the cafeteria for a late night snack while relaxing her tired legs, I went into her room which had her name written neatly on the door. The beeping of the machine felt eerie like it was a spell trying to deceive everyone stepping in the room. "It's not a spell. There's nothing forcing you to sleep." I examined cautiously. I need to be quick with this because it was extremely difficult to take a look with their constant visits.

"Let's see what you're body is hiding." It took a while before I got to hack her body like a hacker on computers. "Found you." There was an unknown spell forbidding her to remember something. "This is going to take awhile but I'll help you remember."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Another update! Will Mason helped Elly out? 

Next chapter something BIG will be REVEALED! Can you guess what it is? Also did you enjoy this 2 chapters? Any thoughts?

THANK YOU FOR READING   \|^_^|/