Chapter 38 : Interrogation pt 5

CAUTION! SOMETHING BIG WILL BE REVEALED. READ WITH CAUTION AND DON'T DIE!

^____^

Mason:

"What are we doing here?" Nicky asked as we waited at a restaurant that was out of the earshot of the Moonlight pack. It was a bit risky since I had just ran away from that witch and her vampire husband but this place was the safest from his blowing his cover. "We're going to meet up with our comrade and interrogate him." 

"Anyway, what's with the hoodie?" She scuffed at my question and pulled the paper bag, which contains a black hoodie, closer to her as if she was filling conscious of the people in here. "I need to get this clean." 

"Isn't this the ones you've been using to hide you identity like some kind of superhero?" She coughed loudly to overshadow what I had said as if it was her secret identity. I laughed at her glare and surrendered from teasing her anymore than this. "But one question, why didn't you just wash this at home?" She sighed deeply as if I had asked a stupid question. "Since, I'm using this to hide my 'identity' while roaming at night or meeting a certain somewhere in a middle of nowhere, I need to be careful with how my outfits smell like especially around the Alpha. If I just washed this using what my family is using right now, I'll smell like them and I'll get discovered like an idiot because I washed using the same detergent." She explained like I was a kid.

"But didn't she gave you a perfume to hide your scent?" 

"I just want to make sure and be thorough about this kind of things." She sulked when I rebutted her ways of hiding her identity. "So who are we waiting for exactly?" She looked around to see if there's someone worth our suspicion to be today's date. I pointed my finger out of the window when I saw he had come with his beloved car, gifted by the horrendous friend of ours - Axel.

"Why is he here?" She was panicking and I could see that she wanted to flee. "Relax. He's one of us." I told her which made her stopped moving and looked me in the eyes with disbelief and stunned. "What do you mean-"

"Hey Mason, what's with the secret letter telling to meet up?" He came strutting without a worry and the way he acted was completely different from the Jax I had seen for a few weeks at the pack. "Just need to clear something up first." He sat down and soon his eyes were on Nicky. "Nice to finally meet you, Nichole." She shivered at the sound of her name coming from his mouth but I don't blame her. His true nature is something to be scared of and when he's not hiding his true self, he walks and acts like a psychopath on the loose.

"Stop intimidating her. Nicky, this is Jax. You've met him before, at the festival where I've brought you to introduce you to Axel." I know it was a bad memory to remember especially for her but I needed her to remember that she had met Jax before she came back to her pack. "What?" She stared at him while her mind tried to find the familiar face years ago.

"I don't think you can remember me, sweetheart." He winked which what he exactly did when I introduce her to him that evening. "But- but, your hair, face- was different." Of course, she would be confused. Jax was known to be the best infiltrator, besides his killing skills. "He's that good." I told her which was supposed to be a warning for her. I needed her to be very wary of her surroundings because the witch wasn't someone to be trifled with especially her husband, Thomas. They're the worst pair.

"Let's end the introduction here. So what did you need?" He took out the letter which with the naked eye seemed completely empty and new but say a few words, the letters will show you and only you. "I wasn't inform that you were put in the pack. Axel told me you were out in another mission and come when called." He smirked.

"Because he didn't want you're little ass to be worried about his wife." 

"I. AM. NOT. HIS. WIFE." She enounced every word with a stringent tone and a menacing pair of glares to clarify his mistake. But, Jax found nothing to be intimidated by but rather he thought it was as if a cute bunny had tried to bare its teeth to a wolf. "Cute. Then baby mama." He joked which add more fuel to her.

"Why should he be worried anyway?" He was smirking at my question because he knew I knew the answer, only I needed to hear it with my own ears. I had my suspicions but I had thought I had hid it good enough to deceive him. "It's adorable when you think you can lie to us. You're way too young and naive to do that, little Masy. It was written all over your face when you introduced her to us. You're eyes sparkled like a fucking unicorn shit but we ignored it because you were still doing what you had to do." I clenched my fist under the table while trying to maintain a stoic expression.

"We trained you like a dog and I like you even if you ran away." He gave me a menacing glare. "And I like little Hugh. He's a sweet kid and brave too."

"Is that why you didn't report back the truth?" 

"When I heard that Nicky here knew who was the real mate which wasn't hard to see since she was the only one that weak Alpha brought but damn, that jackass really is a wuss. I mean, the girl with no wolf had to prove herself to that old geezer. If she was my mate, I've already killed my old man if he didn't accept my half." 

"And that's why you're still single."

"Right back at you."

"Back to the story. When I heard what Nicky told Axel about who was that's Alpha's mate, I was impressed with her gut. I never knew you would have the courage to lie right in the face."

"Then why didn't you say anything if you knew." 

"I wanted to know her reason."

"I wanted to protect her. She was innocent and she's Maya's best friend. I couldn't take away Maya's happiness." She softly explained while staring straight at Jax's eyes. She was showing her courage to a psychopath and Jax likes weak people who acts brave in front of him, not useless bravery but bravery from the heart that stood until they get what the were aiming for.

"I can see why you like her, Masy. But just be careful. I helped you guys out but it doesn't mean that I'll do it again. I haven't told them that you're even here, Mason. You're like a little brother to me and you're smart but sometimes an idiot when it comes to love." He winked and I wanted so bad to kill him but I wasn't going to show I was affected by his words right in front of her.

"Take this." He gave me a cologne which will helped me in hiding myself. "If anything happens tell me and I'll tell you if somethings up." He walked away. "And he said he wasn't going to help." I chuckled at his roundabout way for showing he cares.

"Is that the same thing as my perfume?" 

"Not exactly. While your's hide your scent, this, can hide my face. That's why you don't remember his old face."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT? NICKY IS THE LADY IN THE HOODIE??!

WERE YOU GUYS CLOSED IN GUESSING WHO SHE WAS? Comment and let me know your thoughts.

How many reveals have I made? I can't seemed to remember O_O

Next, I'll try to write more on her past~