Chapter 48 : Hang On

Ted Miller :

Gwen has been gone for a week now and she hasn't contact anyone to inform us if she was safe or well. "Stop frowning." Maya poked my forehead and chuckled at my expression. We were at the hospital again and everything was still the same as before. Elly hasn't woken up still and she's been losing weight from the lack of real food. A nurse would come and go to take care of her essentials like food and cleanliness.

"Look here, this is the baby's head-" I zoned out of Maya's conversation of the baby's growth towards an unresponsive Elly. "I can't take it anymore!" I shouted. "We're not doing anything! We haven't found anything to wake her up! Every single day is pointlessly staying by her side. Can she even hear us?" 

"Is she even alive?" My face instantly moved to the side and a hot splash ran through my cheeks when Maya gave me a slapped to the face. "Don't you dare say something like that." Her eyes were angry and her plump body was shaking. "It isn't pointless-" She whispered as her eyes starts to dampen.

"It isn't pointless in staying by her side!" She yelled with a tear drop onto her cheek. "We haven't found a solution to wake her up but it doesn't mean it's pointless. You think you're the only one fighting this battle?" I shook my head as I was utterly speechless.

"She's fighting!" She pointed towards the lifeless Elly, the only evidence that she's alive is her chest movement and the beeping of the machine. "She's fighting and she needs every piece of support from us." She grabbed my collar with force that it feels as if my neck could break at the momentum. "She needs us and her family." She let go and slumped back down on her chair. Besides Gwen, Jake has been gone for days but he stills contact Maya everyday without fail. We had asked him to contact Elly's family about this.

She might have tried her best to hide the truth from her family but now, wasn't the case. When they arrived, they'll know everything. "I'll promise you, that they will only the strong side of you, Betty." I haven't used that name for a long time that it feels foreign on my tongue. "She hates that name." Maya retorted as she stared at our sleeping princess. "She sure does. If she was awake, she'll kick my ass." I chuckled.

"You wish, she'll kill you with her bare hands." We joked and had a good laugh after so long of the dampen mood. "You'll the only one who calls her that." I nodded with a smile. "And she always smile when I call her that. I don't even know if she hates it or just loves me too much to let me." I felt it, the tears running down my face.

"Keep on fighting, Betty. We're here and you'll family is on the way. So hang on." I squeezed her hand that felt cold and distant. "Hang in there." I whispered but it sounded as if I was telling myself.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HER FAMILY IS COMING! TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK WILL HAPPENED WHEN HER FAMILY COMES? ANY IDEA OF HOW THEY'RE GOING TO KILL KYLE?

THANKS FOR READING \|^_^|/