Chapter 22 : Surprise to you too

Maya Robinson

I haven't been sleeping with all the vomiting which sucks until Dr. Dan told me what was causing me to do so. I felt as if I was on top of the world until Jack, who I love very much, put a bowl of chicken porridge in front of me as I was busy writing what I needed for tonight's big surprise.

I hurled into our kitchen sink and my knees just gave out. "This baby is not going to let me eat anything." I was blaming the baby because this was horrendous. Who knew pregnancy could be something to die for. Get the joke? Because I'm puking everything in me while this bean stays inside but if I don't eat...

"Then, we'll start small like crackers." Jack stroked my back as I pushed away the porridge because the smell is too intense. He rummaged the shelves until he found what was needed to feed his pregnant mate. "I can take this in the car. Let's go to the mall because we have so much to do." I said weakly and took the crackers. He was contemplating but I was already pulling his shirt. "I hope mom can make it." I bit my nails but a rough hand pull it away from my mouth. "I've told her that I wanted to do a little family gathering dinner because obviously everyone have been so caught up with everything that we've been spending less time. You're busy with your Beta duties, Nicky is always missing - it's like she's magically disappear and suddenly poof! She's here!, I'm busy with helping Elly and grandma's at home alone!" We need this, I've thought. Not only because of the pregnancy but because I haven't been seeing any of my family so often especially after I've moved to Jack's house. I only got to see him at home and he usually too exhausted to talk but I'm glad our movie night's were still on schedule.

"And I miss mom. I haven't seen her since graduation day. I need my mommy!" I pulled out my phone and call her again. I was desperate. "Yes, sweetie. I'll be there tonight." She knew exactly what I needed to hear. "Maya, you've been calling me for the last ten times and it's still morning. Is there something you're not telling me about?" I was relief then but now, I gulped. I glanced to Jack for help but he was busy driving. "I just miss you, mommy." I awkwardly laughed while trying so very hard not to be awkward. "I miss you too, sweetie. But you need to calm down." She laughed over the phone. "That could have gone south." I sighed in relief after I hung up.

We went to buy five medium-sized present boxes and a whole pack of balloons because who doesn't love them. "Confetti, egg, pudding, chocolate, chicken, carrots, celery, gravy, butter, flour." The list went on and some of the stuff wasn't even for the dinner. I was just craving things. "Aren't you too early to have cravings?" I glared and he was quiet with everything I put inside the trolley. "Great. Now that we've done here. We need to get the wheel started." I had wrote everyone a piece of the surprise and cut them neatly as possible. Later, I rolled the written-announcement papers and put them inside a balloon. Add a little sparkle and confetti in there before blowing it at the size you want and tie the knot. "Done. Now the food." 

Jack helped with cutting the ingredients for the stuffing chicken which is the main dish for tonight's dinner. He only managed to help for awhile before going back to Kyle but he promised to come back before I finished everything. I cooked the stuffing first which consisted of celery, onions, carrot and the seasoned stuffing. Then all of that mixed stuffing went all the way inside the chicken. Brushed a little oil onto the raw chicken and put it into the oven. 

"What did I miss?" Jack was heaving and sweaty, probably from running to help me. "I just put the chicken in. You can help me with the desert." 

"You're my best desert." He winked and didn't waste his chance on sleeping my butt which I gave the same thing back. "And you're mine." We had a brief break when our kissing got heated than the chicken in the oven. "Jack." I breathed out and he won't stop kissing. "We need-" He took my mouth again.