Chapter 18 : Interrogation pt 2

As I turned the corners of the street of Gwen's house, we saw Gwen coming out of a white car with her hair in braids and her white porcelain skin had become red from long exposure of the Sun. We came to a stop behind her car and she practically ran towards us when she saw our car.

"Oh my god! I haven't seen you two in ages!" She screamed while pulling us into a bear hug. "Nice to see you too, Gwen." I chuckled at her excitement brimming like the Sun. "We need to have a slumber party!" She suggested and pulled as away to have a look. "Tonight!" It's like a lightbulb just went on inside her head.

"Can you stay? Both of you? Is Jack and Kyle okay for me stealing their mates for one night?" I was caught of guard by her question. She doesn't know it yet. "Yeah sure. We can stay. Besides, the boys don't mind." Maya smoothly answered for both of us. "Fantastic." She shrieked in delight.

"Hello girls. I couldn't but help hear that you're staying over." Gwen's mom smiled as we helped bringing in Gwen's luggage which was a lot. "What do you have in here?" Maya asked as she carried a very heavy bag. "It's like you pack a whole country in here."

"Souvenirs, silly you." Gwen giggled and with a quick whipped in the air. The bags suddenly float inside the house. "You could have done that earlier." I remarked. "Then, you wouldn't have help."

"I have so much stories to tell you!" She exclaimed and she was practically sitting in the air. Being with witches for months really changed her. She rarely uses her powers around here but that could have been because there were always humans around. "We do too." I tried to give the same energy as her in my tone but I failed and she notices this but kept quiet.

"Where's Ted anyway?" She pushed between us to look at the windows. "You invited him?" I asked and she nodded. "But he did say he was busy and he'll try to come." She commented. "Maybe he really is busy. Maybe with her." We heard every word. So Ted didn't tell her yet. "Hey! There he is. Talk about the devil." She opened the door and greeted him half way. He gave her a hug and she excitedly pulled him inside. As sensing someone staring, he looked from Gwen to us. His body tensed and Gwen almost fell when he suddenly stopped in front of the door as if entering could burn his skin alive.

"Hi Ted." My eyes were getting teary when I looked at the state he was in. My poor friend was skinnier than before with disheveled hair and his eyes were swollen and tired. He gulped and gave us a nod before pulling his hand out of Gwen's grip. "I think I should go." His voice were rough. "I'll see you later." But he didn't move because in seconds we were somewhere else. We were in an exotic diner and everyone stared at Gwen, the only person who was capable of transporting something anywhere.

"I'm am tired of not trying to read everyone's mind." All her cheer dissolved to become a very serious looking Gwen. She was eyeing all of us and awaits the truth. "What the hell happened? Maya, you look great but they're something off with your vibe. Elly, you look different. It's like you build a wall and a mask to hide yourself. You feel distant. And Ted, you looked plain horrible. It's like a truck knocked you up real good and ended up in the dumpster." She proclaimed and she was right.

"Where are we?" She glared at my question but answered anyway. "It's a place where we don't need to worry about any ears eavesdropping in when you explain every details." Despite having windows, my eyes couldn't catch the scene outside as it changes every minute. How Gwen transported us here was mysterious and it dawn me that my friend was powerful than she showed out front. "Can I get you anything?" Not wasting anytime, Gwen ordered us coke and fries. Their menus seemed normal, totally contradicting it's place.

As the waitress walked away, Gwen refocused her attention backed to us and her eyes screamed inpatient as she waited for our explanation. "We're not together." Both of us said simultaneously while avoiding each other's gaze. I felt bad at my best friend for being rejected as my very own mate was the one who stole what was made to be his companion.

"WHAT THE HELL?" She yelled when those words came out from us. Her eyes bewildered and stared at both of us like a predator trying to find where it's prey was hiding in the shadows. "Yeah. He kind of rejected me for her." I spat at the disgust of saying about him and her. A girl I thought I could have befriend and not blame her for being oblivious about Kyle and I. Was it all fake? Her crying and apologizing or had she also forgotten like Maya. I stared at Maya sitting beside me as she watch the show of how her friends failed to keep their mates.

"You. Talk." She pointed her tan finger at me. I looked at the table and saw all of them were waiting for me to spill out the milk even Ted but he only hold his stares a brief second before turning to something else. "Well, since Violet" I was trying so hard to hold the disgust in my voice but failed. Ted seemed a bit bothered by the mention of his ex mate but he quickly hid his expression.

"Since she had found her mate and we could end the get together of Kyle and she. So we went to his parents house and explain everything. Of course, the Luna took it very well and was happy but Alpha Chris was raging and they fought yadah yadah. Then, she apologized for being a fool for not noticing that the person she was sleeping with had already found his mate." I stopped when the waitress suddenly came with our orders. I took the drink and chugged it in like my throat was on fire but more like trying to push down the bile of disgust and anger.

"I believed her act and they totally tricked me. Those bastards. Those ugly looking dogs tricked me into believing I could have my happy ending." I felt Maya's hand behind me as she soothed the tension building in me. I didn't even notice I was balling until a tear fell onto my hand. Yes, the wounds were still fresh especially when I'm staying in his fucking pack. The only thing keeping me there was Maya, Jack and my duty to the pack. Somehow, I still feel responsible for what should have been my pack. One by one a tear drop before I was fully weeping like a baby.

"That night. It was a very important night to me. Very important. He came to my room in a tux." I choked at the scene as it played in my head. His sweet smile.

"He even told me he was going to-" The words stuck in my throat. I never had the chance to let it all out or even talked to anybody even Maya. I was so focused on finding the truth that I had almost forgotten the feelings I had bottled up inside. "He was going to propose to me." I laughed wickedly like what he did was a sick joke. Gwen's eyes began to water and she held out her hand to me. I hold hers and squeezed them as I tried to find strength to relive that day. "He was going to be my mate officially!" I was smiling and dropped it in seconds. "And he fucking lied to my face with a fucking smile!" I banged the table and our water rattled. I could feel a power trying to get out and release into the world. An anger I had never felt before but somehow felt like it was bonding with me. Everyone around the table gasped at me but I paid no attention as I only see red and I needed it out.

"He apologized for everything. Saying he was a coward - scared of his own father and told me he once had feelings for the fucking bitch!" My eyes trained on Ted and I saw how he used to hold and kiss her with so much love. Suddenly, anger evaporated to sadness and inside me rained in despair. "And he never stopped loving her since he chose her." I concluded.

"As we talked and I blindly believed him, he said the 3 fucking big words like he really mean it." I clenched my fist as hard as I can with the strength of a human. My life was turning upside down and dragging me into one hell of a life.

"And that's when it happened, my head started to hurt like hell and I fainted." I explained calmly. "And when I woke up, he told me that he wants to be with Violet." I ended my story and so much emotion came through like a bullet train and hitting me at one go.

"I need alcohol in me." I called the waitress and told her to bring me her strongest stash. Maya wanted to object but my eyes were crazy and now I was looking like a train just hit me, badly.

"Elly." Gwen cried and she quickly went to my side and grabbed me into her arms as she smoothed my hair while whispering words of sympathy and anger to the two dogs.

"I never really let it out but it felt good doing it." My voice hoarse from crying in her arms. Maya came into the circle and started hugging me as well. Her eyes were also watery. "I'm so sorry for not being there with you as soon as possible." She whimpered and the three of us was crying while my two girl friends started to apologize nonstop with a pinch of cursing my ex mate.