Chapter 67 : A cozy blanket

Emma Silver:

My body hummed in comfort as the once hard floor was soft, cozy, and warm. The constant breeze no longer pierced into my skin and something smooth wrapped me like a mother's hug. I was entranced with this heavenly feeling that the beeping sound just drown in the atmosphere. It was until my hands clutched my tummy that I woke up and the bright light blinded me. "My baby!" Eyes still closed, my hands kept feeling my tummy but the result was still the same. There was no baby, my son was gone.

I yelled and screamed in panic at my missing child. Tears running down my cheeks as I searched blindly. I heard footsteps sprinting in my direction until I heard a door opening. Slowly opening my eyes to see a fuzzy figure, my damped eyes blurred my view but the voice gave away the owner. "Lacey! Where's my son?!" I cried out. "Someone took my son!" I clutched her shoulders. "Help me. I can't lose him." My voice was in desperation.

"Emma, look at me." She took my hand from her shoulders and put them in her warm hands. I glanced upwards, the vision still blurry. "He's okay. He's a healthy baby." She explained that they had to deliver the baby because I was bleeding too much when I overexert myself from using my magic and fell down. "You're heart was slowing down. I thought I'll lose you both." She pulled me in for a hug and I felt the back of my clothes getting wet.

"Do you want to see him?" She wiped her tears away and I nodded. She went out for a few minutes before she entered with my small bundle of joy. He cooed when I finally got the position right and my heart fell in love. "He's beautiful." I smiled at my child. "And small." It was also scary holding something so small and fragile.

Then, my eyes went to the door. Hoping Nate to enter with a smile and excitement in seeing our child for the first time. Lacey noticed my longing stare and squeezed my shoulder. "Do you want to see him?" She took the baby and gave him to a nurse that I didn't even notice her presence. She put me onto a wheelchair and pushed me to him, my heart beating loudly and my hands clenching the armrest. "Luna Olivia had a hard time letting go of him but today he's finally going to be buried." She explained as we grew closer to a room I have never seen in the hospital. "I'll give you some space. If you want anything, just call me." She gave me a final squeeze and left me alone in the room with a casket above my eye level. It took a while for me to find the bravery to look into the casket. My feet wobbled but I held myself steady.

I stopped breathing when I saw his lifeless body. He was dressed handsomely and I imagined him wearing this suit at our wedding. "You were supposed to wear this once in your lifetime." I joked. "You chose the wrong event, Nate." I chuckled. "Look at you," I choked at the love of my life. "Where are you going looking all good looking?" You weren't supposed to look this good when leaving me, you fool.

I wept and wept until my throat hurts. "We were supposed to leave together!" You promised your life but we haven't even started a new life yet. "What am I supposed to do?" We haven't even chosen the baby's name yet. It felt like hours and my body was gasping for air. I got angry at him for leaving, complain about missing him, confessing my love, talked about what I'm going to do with our son, and then went back to being angry. The cycle was never-ending until I fell onto the floor.

I was in a trance until the door banged opened, someone was shouting but I was too numb to comprehend anything. "You killed my son!" She yelled and I laughed. "You bitch!" She hasten her step and slapped me but the pain of losing him was enough to pain the slap on my cheek. "You hurt my husband! And now, you killed my son!" She yelled, again and again, the same thing and the same expression.

"I'll kill you!" That was new. "I'll make you pay for what you did!" I stood up and slowly walked out of the room before leaving a kiss goodbye on his cheeks. "Nathan." I voiced out to no one in particular. "I'm naming him Nathan." I turned to Lacey and she smiled in reply.