Chapter 70 : Sleeping Beauty no more

Hey, nice being back. Elly is back! We're almost at the end. Also, I noticed that a few chapters are jumbled up. I don't know >.< I can only suggest that make sure to see which chapter you are on to avoid jumping to other chapters and getting confused. Anyway, ENJOY!!

Elizabeth Peterson:

The calming fragrance of thousands, no - a sea of flowers blooming under the warmth and velvety touch of the sun. The adventures of Elizabeth, Shimmer, and Pearl as they jumped from one place to another like superheroes. Playing without the care of the world was pure bliss and all the pain of reality was blocked and left untouched in a box deep in our minds.

But life has other plans when Hunter and Gwen suddenly ventured here - uninvited. Secrets and memoirs are being told by a witch that wants nothing but a happy ending with her mate and child. Our goodbyes didn't last long before I felt something flowing inside me and stinging lights with blaring voices around me.

"She's going to be fine." A group of sighs released and then came the shuffling sound of something moving closer to me. A hand touched my skin and even though it held warmth, it was chilling not from the cold but the emotions inside that brew long enough to dampen one's comfort into frigid continuous worries and petrifying what-ifs.

Then, my hand volunteered to be held upwards before a pair of shaking lips touched my skin. From the soft touch, I knew who it was. I felt at home and safe, allowing myself to drift into slumber as my body ached and exhausted.

A door shut and multiple footsteps woke me up and I tried to stir my stiff body. I slowly opened my eyes while they adjust to the lights in the room. The lights penetrate without showing any mercy as I tried to call for my mom but my effort was obstructed due to my dry throat. "I'm here baby." A hand helped me and the figure blocked the lights. "I'm here." It was soft but there was a hint of relief and distress. "Water.." I let out and I saw an unrefined shape of my dad coming to my side with something in his hand that had something protruding on top of it.

"Here sweety-" His voice cracked as the straw entered my desert-like mouth and soon water flowed and it felt euphoric to have water rained down inside me. "How are you, my baby?" Her hands squished my cheeks as she check every inch of me and I replied with a smile. "Great." Then, the memory of what happened flashed through me. Kyle went berserk but Violet calmed him down. He rejected me then my body felt like it was on fire from the inside. "What happened?" The birds sang a melodic morning serenade to their listeners but the room felt strained.

"ELLY!" Before my parents could explain, my siblings crashed into the tensed room like a wrecking ball. Sophie threw herself onto me and pulled me into a hug and then Willy crushed me with his embrace while Sam eyed me in disappointment before drowning all of us in his bear hug. "You're so stupid!" Sam flicked my forehead and the twins nodded in agreement. "I have never known my book nerd sister would do something so stupid like her life is in a book!" He grumbled and babbled about how foolish I was being.

"Were we not close enough for you to hide this and pretend to be fine?" What Sophia said hit me and I felt guilty for doing this to my family. "I thought you trusted us and me more! I even told you about my first kiss!" She confessed her secret while letting out her dissatisfaction with my secretive behaviour. "You should trust us more since we were with you FOREVER!" Willy pinched my arm and later tucked my hospital attire as if he was saying "I won't let you go again." It was adorable and I couldn't help but pulled everyone back into a big hug. "You're still in trouble." Sam rumbled and I laughed. 

"I almost had a heart attack when I heard my baby was in the hospital." Mom squeezed my hand, the fingertips still cold. "And I almost killed someone when I heard everything." Dad gave me his angry face that I haven't seen after I finished high school. "I'm sorry. I know I was beyond foolish for thinking that I should hide something like this and believing I could make a jackass into my knight in shining armor." I should have listened to the alarms ringing in me. "We taught you that you should never give up on your dream and stand up when something is pulling you down but Elly, there are certain things that you need to let go to be happy and this is it." Mom advised and told me that trying to hold onto someone who would never appreciate me and love me was degrading my worth and just wasting my time. 

"I just wanted something like you and dad have at this moment and forever." I eyed my loving parents that still love each other. "Let me tell you something that no one has ever told me except for your mom." Dad glanced lovingly at mom. "It's an eye-opening truth," He chuckled as he rest his hand on her shoulder while mom held it - showcasing their wedding rings. "Even if we have mates, it doesn't mean we're going to live forever with them and happily because mates can be like candy. It's sweet but you can't have it every day because it would make you sick." Sophia chuckled at dad's analogy. "Because the ones that are good for you are vegetables and it doesn't taste as nice but with the right recipe, it can be perfect."

"I might have mixed a few things up when you're mom tries to feed me vegetables and give me life advice but what I'm saying is that having a mate doesn't mean it's right for you to give everything even if it means killing you. We have the choice to reject them because some mates are bastards who hurt you!" Dad pinched my cheeks. "Understand?" I nodded and he let go of my red and throbbing cheeks.

"Also, family is breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You need them even if you have a bad day or an outrageous experience that you don't want to tell anyone." Mom added.

"I promise to never do something as idiotic as this and I will leave a guy if he's not worth my time." After officially ending things with Kyle, everything seems so much better. It's like waking up in the morning and seeing the sunrise to all this eery and dark night that isolates you from everyone else.

"I love you guys!" We had another family hug but it wasn't as warm as I imagined it to be after I walked through a rocky road. They won't stop pinching, flicking, and warning me which I replied with a chuckled and sometimes yelping in pain.

"It's nice to see everyone back together." Another familiar voice commented as she stand at the door with a wide smile. "Kayla! You're here."

"I wanted to rush over here as soon as possible but someone left me-" She eyed Sam while he scratched his head like a monkey with his idiotic smile. "And there was also the other thing. The duel!"

"I have been delaying the duel for more than five minutes now and I'm still seeing my two fighters here, unprepared." Sam and dad looked at each other like they were in deep shit for forgetting something important. "What duel?" I was dumbfounded to wake up to my father and brother getting ready for a duel. "We're getting revenge on those good-for-nothing Walters," Sam replied smugly. "What do you get when you win?"

"Evidence to show that they are unfit to be called Alphas for eternity and the beginning to the show of displaying everything to their beloved pack members." Kayla had an unsettling smile and so was Sam. "Then, who would be the next Alpha?" 

"That would be a long process especially since this pack has the strongest warriors and it would be a waste to bring ruin to the whole pack. I would have to discuss further with the other Alphas and we'll either choose the Beta, if he is a good fit." She explained.

"What if you don't win?" I'm not trying to encourage them but just as Kayla said, they produce the strongest warriors as well as Alphas. "We'll give a second chance to the position but whatever they have done will be revealed and they will be closely monitored."

"Don't worry, baby. We'll win and I know we will." Dad confidently encouraged me. "Okay, but can I suggest something?" Kayla nodded. "Of course, you can, we're doing this because of you."

"I have someone in mind who can be the next Alpha."