Sneak Peek: Not the End

Nicole Robinson:

Elly's journey is nearing the ending but I still have a long way to go. After bidding her goodbye, I had dinner with grandma, Maya and Jack and it all went smoothly until an uninvited guest pressed the doorbell. Jack volunteered to go and came back in a few seconds with a puzzled look, "Nicky, you didn't tell us you invited Mason for dinner.".

"I didn't," Mason cleared his throat and corrected Jack. "She invited me for dessert at the new cafe in town. I'm just too early so don't mind me and enjoy your dinner while I wait," grandma quickly invited him to stay in the living room after asking him to join us which he declined with expressing his stomach has reached maximum capacity.

"I didn't invite you for cake," I grabbed and pulled him out after telling grandma goodnight because it was impossible to be back before her bed time since I knew what we were about to be discussing. "waffles, actually." Mason told me we were going to have waffles and he was paying.

"When are you leaving?" He didn't beat around the bushes; we sat down after ordering and the buzzer stayed lifeless on table ten. It wasn't a full house but it was starting too as people crave for sweet-and-fun desserts after dinner. "I- I'm not sure." It has been on mind ever since he told me that we need to move before she knows of the truth. "It's better to go there and tell her in person before she gets a full report." Our planned was the full definition of deceive or a better way to say it - acting, minus the spotlight and plus the risk.

"I know." I was determined to go but my heart weighed me down from the guilt of disappearing once again from my family. "You don't have to worry about your family, they'll be safe. I promise." His hand almost reaching me until the abrupt shaking of our table halted all activities. Mason fished the buzzer and volunteered to take our desserts, leaving me with my own thoughts.

What has been bothering me was not because I had to lie to that witch that if exposed, I would be dead. It's the thought of leaving my family behind and lying to their faces again. Looking back at what had happened to Elly, I could see what it did to her as she struggles this alone but the difference between her and my situation is the risk. The possibility of her dying is slim to none, the worst thing would be sleeping for eternity or if awaken, she would lived with a broken heart until she grows old. My risk was losing my head and no one would ever know or if they did know, all of us might loose our heads but that's just the bad risk. The worst would be, not being able to save my child and him forgetting me forever.

And that's the biggest gap in our comparison, I have a kid and she doesn't.

"One waffle burger with nothing but waffle in between and two milkshakes." He rashly distributed the food and cut the waffle into half. "I know you don't want it but having something sweet might help you." His smile and words dispatched itself into my heart and soothing me as my body understood the calm and hopeful words of a friend.

"I promise you, I'll be by your side through everything: the boss fights, the bruises and the confession." He took a big bite of the waffle like it was an actual burger. "That's a lot of promises for one man," I chuckled after the sweetness of the waffle and his kind words rubbed me in the right way.

"This one man can handle anything for this one Nicole Robinson."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That is it for our little sneak peak of book 3!!

ELIZABETH PETERSON'S ADVENTURE HAS COME TO AN END (or is it?) AND FINALLY I AM ABLE TO CLOSE THIS BOOK WITH A THANKFUL HEART TO EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN READING THIS DESPITE MY LATE UPDATE (so sorry >.<)! YOU'RE 5 MINUTE READ IS A GREAT SUPPORT TO ME AND YOUR COMMENTS MADE ME UNDERSTAND WHAT I CAN AND NEED TO IMPROVE IN THE FUTURE :')