Chapter 7 : A Soft Light

Elizabeth Peterson :

"What the hell happened?" My eardrums vibrated excruciatingly from the loud yell of my ex-mate. "And who the hell is he?" I wanted to slap him but I couldn't. My body felt heavy and I was in and out of it. I could hear them at one point but then I was in total darkness.

'Elizabeth. Come to me.' The shrilling voice I once heard came again and I felt helpless. Everybody was with me but I felt alone to fight the woman I had never known other than her chasing me in my dreams. I saw a lady in a soft peach sundress with her silver hair flowing with the wind that I could not feel but see. She was waving at me to come.

'Come with me.' I saw a hand reaching out for me and unconciously my body reacted to her words. I felt my hand reaching to it while my mind and heart screaming in fear. Despite her angelic figure, my head could not forget her first impression on me. It was dark and spooky and I felt nothing but fear for my life. I couldn't stop my own body. 'Come with me Elizabeth.' She must have known that I didn't want to go with her and that she was forcing me. 'Follow me!' Her voice was desperate and loud that it hurt my ears. An alarming voice tried to pull me back to safety.

However, my hand was reaching out towards her pale soft hand but when I touch them it was cold as if I was touching a dead body that haven't been touch by warmth for centuries. Alone and cold without a touch of love and passion. "What is she doing?" He asked too many questions. "She's dreaming." An unfamiliar voice spoke. "It's glowing again."

'Elizabeth, something dangerous is coming. Be careful.' She was gone and I was back in total darkness. Alone and cold like the hand I had touch.

It felt like an eternity in the nothingness I was in until something like a blur came slowly in the darkness. I could hear breathing and shuffling of the ground as it walks towards me. It was in front of me that I knew what it was. My wolf.

The one I had long for, the one I had been calling to help me and the one I had talked to without receiving a reply.

"Hello Elizabeth. I am what they call Shimmer." She bowed her head as a gesture of greeting.

"Why now?" I was choking on my cry. It was unbelievable to see something you have always dreamed to meet even though the dark days of believing it was never coming and it was a myth.

"I apologize for not physically being with you but always know that I had always been with you through everything from when you had opened your eyes to the day you closed them." Her eyes were soft and caring as she said those words. She had my mother's eyes. "But I never felt your presence or heard from you."

"That is my mistake. I am weak, Elizabeth. I won't lie. I have been weak the day you were born." Her eyes sheared tears when she spoke her weakness and showed me her vulnerability. "How do I-"

"Make me stronger? You can't but keep wearing the necklace. It has power that helps me be with you." The teardrop necklace I had received from my parents had been shown signs of unordinary thing that my friends had constantly telling me about.

"However, the fall, had made great damaged to you and me. I've tried my best to heal you with what ever power I have but you have to know the truth, I cannot heal you properly just like the cuts you had experienced." What she said was heartbreaking not because I wasn't going to heal as fast as in the past but because I could actually see herself weakening. The glow in her eyes are dull and so as the colour of her fur. She was losing her light.

"It scares me that this might be the first and last time I would see you." She whimpered in pain and I pulled every ounce of energy I had to leap to her. She smelled like sunshine and beaches - like home. "Please don't go." I cried out and wished hard for her to stay even if I could not sense her in me but at least I know she's there.

"I'm sorry child for being too weak and not protected you from this cruel world. I'm sorry for making you feel alone when you desperately needed someone." She begged for forgiveness but I could only hugged her. "However, before I leave, my last wish is for you to believe in the power of this necklace. It holds something more than you could have ever imagine. It protects you more than I can and she is alive in you." I was baffled at her explanation. "Who?" My voice cracked from sobbing in her soft fur.

'Elizabeth.' Her voice no longer desperate but softer and kinder. I looked beside Shimmer and saw the lady again but now her face was visible. She was beautiful. 'I want to show you something but you have always been afraid of me. I apologize for the previous shaped I had shown you. I had been sleeping for so long and sadly forgotten the feel of my power.' I nodded and stared at her in disbelief.

"Who are you?" I asked as she had not mention me her name. 'I have forgotten, my dear.' She was devastated and I knew I had opened a wound. 'But all I know is I have to show you something. A place. A tragedy.' She looked concerned at the dark surrounding us.

"As the necklace helped me gain a little of power, she did as well from you and I. We found each other. Distorted, she was. Lost in a beautiful garden of flowers. Only known tranquility but never beyond it. I am here to help her find her purpose while she helps me protect you." Shimmer explained. "Do you mean, she doesn't remember anything?" Shimmer and the lady nodded. 'Not even what I'm supposed to tell you.'

"Then why did you told me to follow you?"

'Because I know I had to tell you but I didn' know what it was then I assumed you coming along would make me remember.' Her eyes seemed lost and desperate as they stared at me. "I'm sorry." She shook her head at my past behaviour at encountering her.

"Then what are supposed to do?" I asked them but no one knew the answer. 'Keep searching.' Was the last thing I heard before I opened my eyes to three pairs of eyes looking at me.

---------------------------🤯-----------------------------

Finally! We've got to meet her wolf! 🐺